A leader in adult and continuing education, Saint Leo understands life's demands - balancing family and work while pursuing a college degree.
To meet those challenges, we are dedicated to providing you with highly personalized attention and flexible learning opportunities that will enable you to succeed in earning your college degree.
Who Are Our Students?
Saint Leo Education Center students are a diverse community of working parents, active-duty service-members, military veterans, career changers, and first-generation college students.
University-wide, about 86 percent of our more than 14,000 students are adult learners like you, earning undergraduate and graduate degrees online and at Education Centers throughout the United States.
Profile of Saint Leo Adult Learner
- Average Age: 36
- Gender: 59.1% Female, 40.9% Male
- Military, Veterans & Dependents: 39%
- Students Entering with More Than 30 Transfer Credits: 62%
Education for Any Lifestyle
Regardless of where live or how you need to take your classes, you can count on the same academic rigor, quality curriculum, and flexibility across all of Saint Leo’s degree programs and learning formats.
- Eight-week academic terms, starting six times per year
- More than 40 locations in seven states: California, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas and Virginia
- Evening and weekend classes
- Online and distance learning options
Where Tradition Meets Innovation
Saint Leo has been providing world-class academic degree programs to students since 1889. Florida’s oldest Catholic college, we’re an internationally respected university and regularly ranked one of the top in the South by U.S. News & World Report. Learn more about Saint Leo.
Enhancing Education Through Technology
- On-Ground Learning: All on-ground courses are supported by a state-of-the-art learning management system. Innovative technology connects students simply and easily to course materials, to each other, and to faculty and staff, and facilitates social interaction across the entire university.
- Online Learning: A pioneer in online education, Saint Leo has been offering online programs since 1998, and that tradition of innovation continues today. Supplement courses you take in traditional on-ground classrooms with internet-based courses offered through our Center for Online Learning.
- Video Teaching and Teleconferencing: VTT technology connects students and instructors across Saint Leo locations. In a VTT classroom, you actively participate and collaborate on academic projects in real-time through the streaming of video, audio and content from a PC, laptop or document camera.
- Internet Connected Classrooms: ICC technology meets the unique needs of mobile professionals who are not able to attend traditional or VTT classes. Through ICC, students participate in a live, active-learning environment from any location in the United States or around the globe where they have high-speed internet access and a web camera – at home, from a hotel, or even aboard a Navy ship.
At Saint Leo, you’re never alone in your educational journey. All students have access to a wide array of staff, resources and experts for assistance both in and beyond the classroom. This includes:
- Academic advisors to guide you and keep you on track to timely graduation
- Financial aid liaisons to assist with the myriad issues related to funding your education
- Professors who are easily accessible
- The Office of Military Affairs and Services which supports veterans and active-duty service-members
- Local commencement ceremonies so that you can celebrate your achievement with family, friends, and the professors and staff from your Saint Leo Education Center.
The Daniel A. Cannon Memorial Library is a gateway to academic research for all students. Services and resources include:
- Email, telephone and in-person reference assistance
- Online library orientation and tutorials
- Full-text online journal articles and e-books
- Document delivery and interlibrary loan
- Library card reimbursement at your local library
Get the help you need with free access to Sentenceworks online proofreading and grammar coaching tool, and Smarthinking – live, online tutoring available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Take advantage of full access to Saint Leo’s Career Planning Office. Stay competitive in a demanding job market with one-on-one career counseling, individualized resume assessment, and workshops and online information on everything from networking to interview tips to graduate school.