Community Is Invited to Attend Several Fall Family Festival Events at Saint Leo
September 24, 2015
Saint Leo University’s annual Fall Family Festival will be another fun and informative experience for the University Campus community as students’ families travel from near and far to spend time with their favorite Saint Leo Lions. The annual three-day celebration, hosted by the Campus Activities Board and Student Affairs, will be held October 9-11 at University Campus.
Students and families are encouraged to register for the weekend. In addition, several of the events are free and/or open to the general public, including:
- Family & Faculty Staff Reception, Friday October 9, 4:30-6 p.m., Student Community Center Loggia
- Saint Leo volleyball vs. Nova Southeastern, Friday, October 9, 7 p.m., Marion Bowman Activities Center. Free admission.
- Fair – Saturday, October 10, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., The Bowl. There will be activity booths sponsored by student organizations, an animal show and petting zoo, and other family-fun attractions such as water spheres, water races, slides, and a swing ride. Lunch is available to the public for $12. Children 13 and under are free.
- Education Showcase – Saturday, October 10, noon-2 p.m., starting at Tapia Lakeside Patio. Tour some of the university’s most cutting-edge classrooms. For more information, contact Eddie Kenny, director of Alumni and Parent Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saint Leo volleyball vs. Lynn, Saturday, October 10, 2 p.m., Marion Bowman Activities Center. Free admission.
- Men’s soccer vs. Nova Southeastern, Saturday, October 10, 7 p.m., University Field. Free admission.
- Grand finale fireworks by Pyrotecnico, Saturday, October 10, 9:30 p.m., The Bowl. Fireworks display. Free.
- Sunday Family Mass, 10 a.m., Saint Leo Abbey Church.
In addition, a 5K walk/run to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation will be held Sunday, October 11, at 11 a.m. starting in The Bowl. To register for the race or to make a donation to Make-A-Wish, visit www.saintleo.edu/fallfamily.
For more information, please contact Tara Centeno, assistant director of Student Activities, at email@example.com or (352) 588-8359.