FAQ for MBA eCollege Conversion
August 22, 2007
2. How was eCollege selected?
After a 9 month review of the major learning management
systems, eCollege was selected for:
- Ease of use
- Greater platform stability
- Improved gradebook capabilities
- Private journaling
- 24 hour help desk support
- Incredible customer satisfaction ratings.
- The contract was signed March 27, 2007.
3. When will eCollege first be used?
eCollege will be used for all MBA courses FA01 2007.
4. What about internal email? I heard that you couldn’t do that with eCollege?
A requirement of signing the contract was that eCollege will develop internal email capabilities like those we currently have with WebCT. If the email is not developed in time for FA01, then we will not switch to eCollege.
5. Will the course content look the same?
The course content will appear exactly the same as it does in WebCT. We’ll still be using the PIE model and you won’t see any difference in how it looks on the screen.
6. Will this be a big change?
It really won’t be that much of a change. There will still be a course menu on the left side of the screen. And navigation within PIE will be exactly the same. The discussion board works pretty much the same, as does the chat tool and how you post documents. Most faculty and students are comfortable switching between learning management systems without a problem since they are all so similar.
7. Will training be provided to students?
Yes, training in the new platform is available to students. This training will be online, available to all students and will include a section on “How to be successful in online classes'. This introductory course responds directly to student suggestions.
8. Once the courses start, how will faculty and students get help?
eCollege provides a 24 hour help line, seven days a week that will be available to students and faculty.
Call (866) 501-1636 or email them at email@example.com
9. What if I have additional questions?
For additional questions please contact the eCollege 24 hour help desk at (866) 501-1636 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download this FAQ for MBA eCollege Conversion here
(requires Adobe Reader)