Saint Leo University Partners with Two Men and a Truck® on Movers for Moms® Program
March 29, 2016
For the third consecutive year, Saint Leo University and Two Men and a Truck® are partnering on a community project, theMovers for Moms®program, which benefits two local women’s shelters. Items collected from Monday, March 28 through Friday, April 28, will be delivered on Mother’s Day to Sunrise of Pasco County Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Center and Alpa House of Tampa. Saint Leo has previously participated in this program and a similar project. Movers for Military®, for our homeless military veterans.
This collection drive is being supported by the Saint Leo University Social Work Club and Student Affairs.
Seven collection boxes are located in high-traffic areas at University Campus. For the general public, three convenient atrium/lobby locations – in the Donald R. Tapia School of Business, Kirk Hall, and the Marion Bowman Activities Center – are available for easy drop-off.
The seven University Campus distribution locations are:
- Donald R. Tapia School of Business lobby
- Kirk Hall lobby
- Marion Bowman Activities Center lobby
- Student Activities Building lobby
- Student Community Center Building lobby(upstairs outside Lions’ Lair)
- Student Community Center Building dining hall lobby(vestibule downstairs)
- Apartments 5 & 6(fish tank lobby area)
The shelters’ wish list includes many essential care and other items:
- Pillows, pillow cases, comforters, and blankets for twin and toddler beds
- Sheets for twin beds, cribs, and toddler beds – white and beige
- Full size towels and washcloths – white and beige
- Hair and shower products (ethnic – combs, brushes, and picks, shower caps, hairspray, and adult body lotion)
- Adult ladies products and items (socks, underwear, and tampons)
- Children’s clothing and items (socks, underwear, diapers, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, shampoo, and lotion, and sippy cups)
- Cleaning equipment and supplies (brooms, sponges, large mop heads, floor cleaner, cleaning spray, and Lysol air freshener)
- Medicines (Adult Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Neosporin, Alka Seltzer chewable, and cold and flu medicine)
- Canned vegetables, soup, ravioli, tuna, and chicken
- Pasta, sauces, and instant rice
- Cereal – all boxed types plus oatmeal and grits
- Powdered milk
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Snacks – any type of chips, crackers, bars
- Miscellaneous items (coffee filters, aluminum pans, cast aluminum pots, Saran Wrap, sewing kit, and nail clippers)
*Note: Items for Alpha House of Tampa for moms and babies must be new and in original packaging):
We are proud to participate in this program as part of Saint Leo University’s continuing commitment of educating and supporting those who serve our nation.
For more information about the Movers for Moms® program, contact Eugenia Parlow of Two Men and a Truck® at (813) 245-8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the on-campus collection drive, please contact Kim Payne, University Communications, at email@example.com or (352) 588-7233.