Saint Leo University Partners with Two Men and a Truck® Movers for Military Program
September 30, 2014
Saint Leo University will again partner with local schools, businesses, and organizations in the Movers for Military community outreach program. Movers for Military is a donation drive that collects items and gifts to support veterans and their families living in crisis. The collection drive begins Wednesday, October 1, and continues until Friday, November 7. All donations will be delivered to local shelters before Veterans Day.
There are six collection boxes placed in high-traffic areas around the University Campus. For the general public, two convenient locations – in the Donald R. Tapia School of Business atrium or the lobby of the Marion Bowman Activities Center – are available for easy drop-off.
The six University Campus distribution locations are:
- Donald R. Tapia School of Business lobby
- Marion Bowman Activities Center lobby
- Student Activities Building lobby
- Student Community Center Building lobby (upstairs outside Lions’ Lair)
- Student Community Center Building dining hall lobby (vestibule downstairs)
- Apartments 5 & 6 (fish tank lobby area)
The shelters’ wish list includes many essential care and other items:
- Soap, shampoo, shaving cream, razors, toothbrushes and toothpaste, mouthwash, and deodorant
- Washcloths, towels, sheets, and blankets
- Backpacks, sleeping bags, plastic blue tarps, and disposable rain ponchos
- Sneakers, thick socks, and winter hats
- Canned food
- Miscellaneous items including batteries, Band-Aids, baby wipes, and insect repellant
Join us in celebrating and honoring heroes in the armed forces by donating items for your local veterans’ shelter.
We are proud to participate in this program as part of Saint Leo University’s continuing commitment of educating and supporting those who serve our nation.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Kim Payne, University Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 588-7233.