Student Employment FAQ's

How much will I make?

All positions are paid according to the approved pay scale. Federal Work-Study positions may not earn more than the awarded amount.

Can I work as many hours as I want?

No. Student employees work a maximum of 20 hours per week as determined by their official class schedule. Work is not allowed during scheduled class time even if class has been canceled. Some positions will require fewer than 20 hours per week.

How do I apply to receive a Work-Study award?

If you are interested in applying for a Federal Work-Study (FWS) award you must complete the Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) at FWS is a limited fund and is awarded on a first come first served basis. Early FAFSA completion is strongly recommended.

How do I find a job?

Student employment positions are available through Saint Leo's Employment portal. Students are required to submit a new application EVERY time they apply for a job, regardless of whether or not they may have been hired or had applied for the position previously.

What paperwork will I need to fill out?

Payroll documents will be required when you have been offered a job as a Work Study Employee on campus. Human Resources will provide you with these forms, and you may not begin work until payroll documentation is approved.

What Documentation will I need to begin employment?

Student employment is a real job. You will need to provide identity documents in accordance with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (UCIS) statutes BEFORE you can begin work. Click here to learn about what documentation is accepted.

What if I do not have a United States Social Security Card?

A U.S. Social Security number is REQUIRED for ALL persons to be hired in the United States. Please contact Student Employment for more information.

How do I record my time worked?

Time Sheets are required to accurately record the hours you work each day. Your supervisor will review time sheet protocol with you. It is your responsibility to accurately complete the time sheet and submit to your supervisor per the payroll schedule.

How will I receive my paycheck?

Direct Deposit is required for student employees to receive their pay. Complete the direct deposit form to have your earnings deposited into your checking or savings account with any bank in the United States.

If you have further questions, please contact us at: (800) 240-7658 or (352) 588-7403 or via Email: