The ever-growing world of cybersecurity has exploded with opportunities across all sectors in recent years. Not only is there an increasing number of cybersecurity roles on the job market, but such roles often pay quite well and offer a lot of reward for those in the position of securing highly confidential information and data.
In Episode 24 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, we catch up with Dr. Marwan Omar, an assistant professor of computer science at Saint Leo University in its undergraduate and graduate cybersecurity degree programs. Omar discussed:
- His education and unique work history as a cybersecurity practitioner prior to coming to Saint Leo University
- The bachelor’s in cybersecurity degree program at Saint Leo
- The types of students who have enrolled in the undergraduate cybersecurity program and their interests and pursuits
- The faculty and types of classes offered in the cybersecurity bachelor’s program
- Career opportunities one may pursue with a cybersecurity bachelor’s degree and practical experience through internships and other opportunities
- The master’s in cybersecurity degree program, where it is offered, and the types of students who have enrolled in this graduate degree program
- The faculty who teach in the master’s program
- How the master’s program blends technical and managerial topics of the cybersecurity field for advanced learners
- The MBA with a specialization in Cybersecurity Management
- The current state and future of the cybersecurity field
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted cybersecurity and the need for more security with millions of people working remotely
Listen to Episode 24 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast with Saint Leo University assistant professor of computer science Dr. Marwan Omar here.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes here.
Learn More about Saint Leo University’s Bachelor’s in Cybersecurity Degree Program
For more information on the cybersecurity bachelor’s program at Saint Leo University, click here.