To support students of all abilities and backgrounds, Saint Leo University proudly staffs a Center of Academic Vision and Excellence (CAVE). This center, located at University Campus, provides a number of support services and resources to any student who wishes to improve his or her academic skills and become a better student in the long run.
In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, we caught up with Erica Hicks and Dr. Demetrix Rostick-Owens of the CAVE at Saint Leo. They discussed:
- Why the name of this center was changed from Learning Resource Center to Center for Academic Vision and Excellence (CAVE)
- Tutoring services available to students
- How students can have their term papers reviewed before turning them in for grading
- Academic coaching/Peer-assisted learning (PAL) services
- Supplemental instruction and how this can benefit students’ grades in their coursework
- Various academic resources available to Saint Leo students
Listen to Episode 13 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast with two members of Saint Leo University’s Center for Academic Vision and Excellence (CAVE) here.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes here.
Learn More about Saint Leo University’s Center for Academic Vision and Excellence (CAVE)
Learn more about the CAVE at Saint Leo University here.