Move-in day on college campuses across the nation is an exciting time for new students, many of whom are moving out and living independently for the first time in their lives.
If you’re planning to move in to a campus residence hall this year, there is a good chance you’ll need to bring several items with you. While this list may vary from school to school, the following checklist of items is a decent guide to use when packing your bags.
- Alarm clock (you can never have too many alarms, even if you use a smartphone or smartwatch for an alarm)
- Hygiene items (bathrobe, shower caddy, toiletries, hairdryer)
- Linens (bedsheets, comforters/blankets, pillows)
- Bath towels, hand towels, and similar supplies
- Desk items (lamps, organizers, pens, pencils, paper, markers, highlighters, scissors, glue, tape, etc.)
- Kitchen items (plates, cups, utensils, plastic containers, can opener)
- Wall/room decorations (pictures, posters, tacks, mounting putty)
- Cleaning supplies (vacuum/swiffer, trash can, Febreze, Windex, dish soap, paper towels, Kleenex)
- Laundry basket, hamper, laundry detergent, and dryer sheets
- Clothes hangers, small iron/ironing board, drying rack
- Electronics (TV, computer, speaker system, etc.)
- Emergency items (flashlight with battery, first aid kit)
- Extension cords and power strips
- Surge protectors (you don’t want to lose any of your important files for your classes due to your computer getting knocked out by a storm)
Keep in mind that this is a general list. Some residence halls may provide some of these items already, so be sure to check with your specific school.
New Students Moving to Saint Leo University
Are you a new student who is moving onto Saint Leo’s University Campus? Check out these FAQs to get answers to some common questions about what’s involved in living on campus, what kinds of items will be provided for you, and what else you should bring for your living space.