The Saint Leo University 2019 Atlanta Commencement Team hopes to make your graduation ceremony on Saturday, June 15, 2019 a memorable occasion for you, your family and friends.
Please read through the following information closely as there are items that you must execute in order to fully participate in your commencement.
Please be aware that the Commencement e-form must be completed for your participation in the Atlanta Commencement. The deadline has been extended to April 15th.
Saturday, June 15, 2019
Mandatory Graduation Arrival Time: 9:00 a.m.
Commencement Ceremony Time: 12:00 p.m.
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
2800 Cobb Galleria Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339
(I-75 at Cumberland Parkway in Cobb County, Georgia)
Columbus AFB graduates: about 300 miles or five hour drive
Graduation registration deadlines: April 15th
Digital Tickets now available: Deadline May 10th. See Tickets for Commencement section below
Paper Ticket pick-up available beginning: May 15th for three weeks
Regalia ordering deadlines: May 24th (please select HOMESHIP only)
All graduates must meet the following criteria to meet commencement participation eligibility.
- All tuition account balances must be zero.
- Please check your student portal or contact Saint Leo University's Student Financial Services Department to answer questions regarding your tuition balance at (352) 588-6600.
Undergraduate Student Requirements
- Complete all required coursework in you Undergraduate Program by the end of the 2019 Summer II term on August 18th.
- Obtain satisfactory academic progress which is defined as a minimum cumulative and major GPA of 2.0. please contact your Academic Advisor for an undergraduate academic audit.
Master's Student Requirements
- Complete all required coursework in your Master's Program by the end of 2019 Summer II on August 18th.
- Obtain satisfactory academic progress which is a minimum GPA of 3.0 Please contact your Academic Advisor for a graduate academic audit.
There are two forms that must be completed for graduation; Application for Graduation-Degree Conferral and the Commencement Application.
Below are instructions on how to complete each of these applications.
Deadline to have both of these forms completed is April 1, 2019
A. Application for Graduation-Degree Conferral
- Sign on to your Saint Leo Portal (my.saintleo.edu)
- Select eLion within Online Services
- Open up the eLion for Students section on the left and select Academic Profile
- Scroll down to select Application for Graduation-Degree conferral
- Complete all information and submit
- There is a $65 cost to submit this application
- Your diploma will be sent to your home
B. Application to participate in the 2019 Atlanta Commencement
- Sign on to your Saint Leo portal (my.saintleo.edu)
- Select e-Forms within Online Services
- Click on Commencement Application under student documents on the left hand side
- Scroll through and check all personal information
- Select the Atlanta, GA location. This location is for all Atlanta, Columbus, Gwinnett and participating online graduates
- Click submit to complete request
- You will receive the 2019 Atlanta Commencement information
Academic Regalia (Cap & Gown)
Appropriate academic regalia must be worn to participate in the Commencement ceremony. Unearned faux academic hoods, shawls, or tassels are strictly prohibited. Only Saint Leo earned academic, honor society and veteran’s regalia will be allowed.
Both Undergraduate and Graduate students must order their own regalia from Herff-Jones. Order by May 24th (select HOMESHIP only) to ensure on time delivery.
- Go to http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/slu/, search for Saint Leo University - Ext. Campus (Atlanta, GA) Bachelors and Associates regalia are $41.
Masters regalia is $89.
- Select Caps and Gowns,
- Please select Homeship
- Follow the remaining directions
Please note the following regalia colors:
• Associates is a grey cap and gown.
• Bachelors is a black cap and gown.
• Master is a black gown and hood of which the color is designated by subject (see below).
||Drab - Light brown color
||Scarlet - Red color
||Drab - Light brown color
|Human Services Administration
|Emergency Disaster Management
Candidates should wear their tassels on the right side prior to their degree being conferred and on the left side afterward. The mortarboard on the cab should be parallel to the ground.
Students who have earned at least 30 credits at Saint Leo University an have the specified cumulative grade point averages will receive the following honors for bachelor degree conferrals:
Summa cum laude: 3.95 and above
Magna cum laude: 3.85 and above
Cum laude: 3.65 and above
All honors graduates are eligible to join Delta Epsilon Sigma, our National Catholic Honor Society.
- Only the graduates arrive for commencement practice by 9:00 a.m. Family and friends are not admitted to Cobb Energy Center prior to 11 a.m. If you miss commencement practice you will be placed in the rear of your degree line.
- Continental Breakfast served from 9:00 a.m.-9:45 a.m.
- Parking: $8 per car (cash only).
- Dress code consists of the following: Professional attire required. Please refrain from wearing flip-flops, shorts, jeans, or inappropriate casual attire. Unearned faux academic hoods, shawls, or tassels are strictly (only Saint Leo earned academic or Honor Society and Veterans' regalia will be permitted.
- Security will not be available to protect personal items. Graduate will not be permitted back into the setup room once the commencement ceremony begins. Please do not bring large purses or bags; instead, small cross body purses worn under the gown is advised.
- Children and early guests are not admitted prior to 11 a.m. Only Graduates are admitted between 9 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Please plan accordingly. Use Uber or Taxi if appropriate.
Portrait & Keepsake Information
One copy of the official program will be placed in the seat of each participating candidate, guests will receive a copy upon entry.
Graduate stage portraits will be taken by our 2019 Atlanta Commencement photographer, Ron Jones. Two poses will be taken on stage during the ceremony and will be available for online purchase at Ronjonesphotos.com. Select ‘Galleries’ then, ‘Events’ then, ‘Other’, and finally, ‘St. Leo University 2019 Graduation’.
Diploma Frames and UGA Merchandise
Saint Leo University merchandise including diploma frames can be purchased from the online bookstore (https://www.bkstr.com/saintleostore/home).
Tickets for Commencement
Digital commencement tickets are available for purchase through Ticketmaster. Paper tickets will be issued free of charge at the Atlanta or Gwinnett centers from May 15th - June 13th. Columbus students should use the digital option. Paper tickets will not be mailed.
- Digital tickets are available now in limited quantity.
- All seating is general admission. All children and guests must have a ticket for admission to commencement.
- Ticketmaster charges a convenience fee of .75 cents per ticket.
- Students can purchase up to 8 digital tickets.
- The tickets are transferable via email to out of town guests.
- Digital tickets are tracked and cannot be duplicated.
- Tickets will be scanned at the door of the Cobb Energy Centre.
- Students and guests have the option to present tickets Ticketmaster app or print out paper tickets from a home computer but not from a mobile device such as a phone or tablet.
Digital Ticket Purchase Instructions:
- go to www.ticketmaster.com or download the Ticketmaster App
- Search: Saint Leo Commencement
- Select number of tickets for purchase up to 8
- Create your Ticketmaster account and provide payment method
- Choose your Delivery method: 'Print at Home' which is free
- Follow the prompts
If selecting to pick up paper tickets (option available for Atlanta-based students only), please note the following:
- Eight tickets will be available for each graduate.
- Tickets will be issued from your home center. All graduates outside the Atlanta Center locations, please utilize the digital ticket option.
- Online participants can pick up at the closest center location.
- Tickets will be available for pick up beginning May 15th.
- Deadline to pick up tickets is June 7th.
- All non-issued tickets will be redistributed on a first-come, first-serve bases after June 10th – 13th.
- All children and guests must have a ticket for admission to commencement
Venue Information and Accommodations
The Ceremony will be held:
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center
2800 Cobb Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339
To obtain directions and hotel information, please visit https://www.cobbenergycentre.com/plan-your-visit/where-to-stay
Diplomas are mailed six to eight weeks following the conclusion of each semester. Please visit the Registrar's Office site for complete information.
For additional information, please contact your center:
Atlanta Center – (770) 960-5000
Columbus AFB Education Center - (662) 200-5154
Gwinnett Center – (678) 380-4005
Atlanta online students will contact the Atlanta Center.