The Saint Leo University 2018 Atlanta Commencement Team hopes to make your graduation ceremony on Saturday, July 7, 2018 a memorable occasion for you, your family and friends. For the first time, we are pleased to welcome graduates participating from Columbus Air Force Base Education Center in Columbus, Mississippi.
Please read through the following information closely as there are items that you must execute in order to fully participate in your commencement.
Please be aware that the Commencement e-form must be completed for your participation in the Atlanta Commencement.
Security will be not available to protect personal items. Graduates will not be permitted back in the set up room once the commencement ceremony begins. Please do not bring large purses or bags. Instead, small cross body purses worn under the gown is advised.
Saturday, July 7, 2018
Mandatory Graduation Arrival Time: 9:00 a.m.
Commencement Ceremony Time: 12:00 p.m.
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
2800 Cobb Galleria Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339
(I-75 at Cumberland Parkway in Cobb County, Georgia)
Columbus AFB graduates: about 300 miles or five hour drive.
Graduation registration deadline: April 30th
Digital Tickets now available: See Tickets for Commencement section below
Paper Ticket pick-up available beginning: June 11th for three weeks
Regalia ordering deadlines: June 8th (please select HOMESHIP only)
*Orders made under Extended Campus deadline is May 15th. Extended Campus orders will be shipped from Herff Jones to the Marietta Center after June 20th.
* Delivery of any Extended Campus orders made after the deadline is not guaranteed by the vendor. Check your Herff Jones account for shipping status.
The following is the criteria each graduate must meet for participation eligibility.
- All tuition account balances must be zero.
- Please check your student portal or contact Saint Leo University's Student Financial Services Department to answer questions regarding your tuition balance at 352.588.6600.
Student Financial Services Information
Undergraduate Student Requirements
- 6 credits from completion of the 120 hour undergraduate degree program.
- Degree must be completed by the end of the 2018 Summer II term on August 19th.
- Obtain satisfactory academic progress which is defined as a minimum cumulative and major GPA of 2.0.
Master's student Requirements
- Complete all required coursework in your Master's Program by the end of 2018 Summer II on August 19th.
- Obtain satisfactory academic progress which is a minimum GPA of 3.0 Please contact your Academic Advisor for a graduate academic audit.
There are two forms that you as a candidate for graduation must complete; Application for Graduation-Degree Conferral and the Commencement Application.
Below are instructions on how to complete each of these applications.
Deadline to have both of these forms completed is April 30, 2018.
A. Application for Graduation-Degree Conferral
- Sign on to your Saint Leo Portal (my.saintleo.edu)
- Select e-Lion within Online Services
- Open up the e-Lion for Students section on the left and select Academic Profile
- Scroll down to select Application for Graduation-Degree conferral
- Complete all information and submit
- There is a $65 cost to submit this Application
- Your diploma will be sent to your home
To participate in the 2018 Atlanta Commencement
- Sign on to your Saint Leo Portal (my.saintleo.edu)
- Select e-forms within Online Services
- Click on Commencement Application under student documents on the left hand side
- Scroll through and check all personal information
- Select the Atlanta, GA location. This location is for all Morrow, Marietta, and Gwinnett graduates
- Click submit to complet request
- You will receive the 2018 Atlanta Commencement information
Academic Regalia (Cap & Gown)
Appropriate academic regalia must be worn to participate in the Commencement ceremony. Unearned faux academic hoods, shawls, or tassels are strictly prohibited. Only Saint Leo earned academic, honor society and veteran’s regalia will be allowed.
Both Undergraduate and Graduate students must order their own regalia from Herff-Jones. Order by June 8th (select HOMESHIP only) to ensure on time delivery.
- Go to: http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/slu/, (full package ordering details list here) search for Saint Leo University - Ext. Campus
Bachelors and Associates regalia are $41.
Masters regalia is $89.
- Select Caps and Gowns,
- Please select Homeship
- Follow the remaining directions
Please note the following regalia colors:
Associates is a grey cap and gown.
Bachelors is a black cap and gown.
Master is a black gown and hood of which the color is designated by subject (see below).
||Drab - light brown color
||Scarlet -red color
||Drab - light brown color
|Human Services Administration
|Emergency and Disaster Management
Canditates should wear their tassels on the right side prior to their degree being conferred and on the left side afterward. The mortarboard on the cap should be parallel to the ground.
Students who have earned at least 30 credits at Saint Leo University and have the specified cumulative grade point averages will receive the following honors for bachelor degree conferrals:
Summa cum laude: 3.95 and above
Magna cum laude: 3.85 and above
Cum laude: 3.65 and above
All honors graduates are eligible to join Delta Epsilon Sigma, our National Catholic Honor Society.
- Only the graduates arrive for commencement practice by9:00 a.m. Family and friends are not admitted to Cobb Energy Center prior to 11am. If you miss the commencement practice you will be placed in the rear of your degree line.
- Continental Breakfast served from 9:00 am – 9:45 am.
- Parking: $8 per car (cash only).
- Dress code consists of the following: Professional attire required. Please refrain from wearing flip-flops, shorts, jeans, or inappropriate casual attire. Unearned faux academic hoods, shawls, or tassels are strictly (only Saint Leo earned academic or Honor Society and Veterans' regalia will be permitted
- Security will not be available to protect personal items. Graduate will not be permitted back into the setup room once the commencement ceremony begins. Please do not bring large purses or bags; instead, small cross body purses worn under the gown is advised.
- Children and early guests are not admitted prior to 11 a.m. Only Graduates are admitted between 9 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Please plan accordingly. Use Uber or Taxi if appropriate.
Portrait and Keepsake Information
One copy of the official program will be placed in the seat of each participating candidate, guests will receive a copy upon entry.
Graduate stage portraits will be taken by our 2018 Atlanta Commencement photographer, Ron Jones. Two poses will be taken on stage during the ceremony and will be available for online purchase at Ronjonesphotos.com. Select ‘Galleries’ then, ‘Events’ then, ‘Other’, and finally, ‘St. Leo University 2018 Graduation’.
Diploma Frames and UGA Merchandise
Saint Leo University mechandise including diploma frames can be purchased from the online bookstore (https://www.bkstr.com/saintleostore/home).
Tickets for Commencement
This year the Atlanta Centers are offering a pilot option for the purchase of digital commencement tickets through Ticketmaster. Paper tickets will be issued for pick-up free of charge in the Gwinnett, Marietta and Morrow Education Centers from June 11th- June 30th. Columbus students should use the digital option. Paper tickets will not be mailed.
- Digital tickets are available now in limited quantity.
- All seating is general admission. All children and guests must have a ticket for admission to commencement.
- Ticketmaster charges a convenience fee of .75 cents per ticket.
- Students can purchase up to 8 digital tickets.
- The tickets are transferable via email to out of town guests.
- Digital tickets are tracked and cannot be duplicated.
- Tickets will be scanned at the door of the Cobb Energy Centre.
- Students and guests have the option to present tickets Ticketmaster app or print out paper tickets from a home computer but not from a mobile device such as a phone or tablet.
Digital ticket Purchase Instructions:
- Go to www.ticketmaster.com or download the Ticketmaster App.
- Search: Saint Leo Commencement
- Select number of tickets for purchase up to 8.
- Create your Ticketmaster account and provide payment method
- Choose your Delivery method : ‘Print at Home’ which is free
- Follow the prompts
If selecting to pick up paper tickets (option available for Atlanta-based students only: Gwinnett, Marietta, and Morrow), please note the following:
- Eight tickets will be available for each graduate.
- Tickets will be issued from your home center. All graduates outside the Atlanta Education Center locations, please utilize the digital ticket option.
- Tickets will be available for pick up beginning June 11th.
- Deadline to pick up tickets is June 30th.
- All non-issued tickets will be redistributed on a first-come, first-serve bases after July 1st.
- All children and guests must have a ticket for admission to commencement
Venue Information and Accommodations
The ceremony will be held:
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center
Atlanta, GA 30339.
To obtain directions and hotel information, please visit https://www.cobbenergycentre.com/plan-your-visit/where-to-stay
Diplomas are mailed six to eight weeks following the conclusion of each semester. Please visit the Registrar's Office site for complete information.
For additional information, contact the applicable center:
Columbus AFB Education Center - (662) 200-5154
Gwinnett Center – (678) 380-4005
Marietta Center – (770) 425-5031
Morrow Center – (770) 962-5000
Atlanta online students will contact the Marietta Center.