The Saint Leo University 2019 Atlanta Commencement Team hopes to make your graduation ceremony on Saturday, June 15, 2019 a memorable occasion for you, your family and friends.
Please read through the following information closely as there are items that you must execute in order to fully participate in your commencement.
Please be aware that the Commencement e-form must be completed for your participation in the Atlanta Commencement.
Saturday, June 15, 2019
Mandatory Graduation Arrival Time: 9:00 a.m. (guests are not permitted at this time)
Commencement Ceremony Time: 12:00 p.m. (doors open at 11:00 a.m.)
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
2800 Cobb Galleria Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339
(I-75 at Cumberland Parkway in Cobb County, Georgia)
Columbus AFB graduates: about 300 miles or five hour drive
Graduation registration deadlines: April 1st
Digital Tickets now available: See Tickets for Commencement section below
Paper Ticket pick-up available beginning: To be announced
Regalia ordering deadlines: To be announced
The following is the criteria each graduate must meet for participation eligibility.
- All tuition account balances must be zero.
- Please check your student portal or contact Saint Leo University's Student Financial Services Department to answer questions regarding your tuition balance at (352) 588-6600.
Undergraduate Student Requirements
- 6 credits from completion of the 120-hour undergraduate degree program.
- Degree must be completed by the end of the 2019 Summer II term.
- Obtain satisfactory academic progress which is defined as a minimum cumulative and major GPA of 2.0.
Master's Student Requirements
- Complete all required coursework in your Master's Program by the end of 2019 Summer II term.
- Obtain satisfactory academic progress which is a minimum GPA of 3.0. Please contact your Academic Advisor for a graduate academic audit.
There are two forms that you as a candidate for graduation must complete:
A. Application for Graduation Degree Conferral and
B. Commencement Application
Below are instructions on how to complete each of these applications.
Deadline to have both of these forms completed is April 1, 2019
A. Application for Graduation-Degree Conferral
- Sign on to your Saint Leo Portal (my.saintleo.edu)
- Select eLion within Online Services
- Open up the eLion for Students section on the left and select Academic Profile
- Scroll down to select Application for Graduation-Degree conferral
- Complete all information and submit
- There is a $65 cost to submit this application
- Your diploma will be sent to your home
B. Commencement Application to Participate in the 2019 Atlanta Commencement Ceremony
- Sign on to your Saint Leo portal (my.saintleo.edu)
- Select eForms within Online Services
- Click on Commencement Application under student documents on the left hand side
- Scroll through and check all personal information
- Select the Atlanta, GA location. This location is for all Morrow, Marietta, and Gwinnett graduates
- Click submit to complete request
- You will receive the 2019 Atlanta Commencement information
Academic Regalia (Cap & Gown)
Appropriate academic regalia must be worn to participate in the Commencement ceremony. Unearned faux academic hoods, shawls, or tassels are strictly prohibited. Only Saint Leo earned academic, honor society and veteran’s regalia will be allowed.
Both Undergraduate and Graduate students must order their own regalia from Herff-Jones. Detailed information to be provided.
Please note the following regalia colors:
• Associates is a grey cap and gown.
• Bachelors is a black cap and gown.
• Master is a black gown and hood of which the color is designated by subject (see below).
||Drab - Light brown color
||Scarlet - Red color
||Drab - Light brown color
|Human Services Administration
|Emergency Disaster Management
Candidates should wear their tassels on the right side prior to their degree being conferred and on the left side afterward. The mortarboard on the cab should be parallel to the ground.
Students who have earned at least 30 credits at Saint Leo University an have the specified cumulative grade point averages will receive the following honors for bachelor degree conferrals:
Summa cum laude: 3.95 and above
Magna cum laude: 3.85 and above
Cum laude: 3.65 and above
All honors graduates are eligible to join Delta Epsilon Sigma, our National Catholic Honor Society.
- Only the graduates arrive for commencement practice by 9:00 a.m. Family and friends are not admitted to Cobb Energy Center prior to 11 a.m. If you miss commencement practice you will be placed in the rear of your degree line.
- Continental Breakfast served from 9:00 a.m.-9:45 a.m.
- Parking: $8 per car (cash only).
- Dress code consists of the following: Professional attire required. Please refrain from wearing flip-flops, shorts, jeans, or inappropriate casual attire. Unearned faux academic hoods, shawls, or tassels are not permitted (strictly only Saint Leo earned academic or Honor Society and Veterans' regalia will be permitted).
- Security will not be available to protect personal items. Graduates will not be permitted back into the setup room once the commencement ceremony begins. Please do not bring large purses or bags; instead, small cross body purses worn under the gown is advised.
- Children and early guests are not admitted prior to 11 a.m. Only Graduates are admitted between 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. Please plan accordingly. Use Uber or Taxi if appropriate.
Portrait & Keepsake Information
One copy of the official program will be placed in the seat of each participating candidate, guests will receive a copy upon entry.
To be announced.
Diploma Frames and UGA Merchandise
Saint Leo University merchandise including diploma frames can be purchased from the online bookstore at https://www.bkstr.com/saintleostore/home.
Tickets for Commencement
To be announced.
Venue Information and Accommodations
The Ceremony will be held:
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center
2800 Cobb Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339
Diplomas are mailed six to eight weeks following the conclusion of each semester. Please visit the Registrar's Office site for complete information.
For additional information, please contact your center:
Atlanta Center – (770) 960-5000
Columbus AFB Education Center - (662) 200-5154
Gwinnett Center – (678) 380-4005
Atlanta online students will contact the Atlanta Center.