Saint Leo University is required annually to report information to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) related to the tuition and eligible fees you are billed each calendar year. Additionally, we must report on scholarships, grants, and certain forms of tuition assistance. This is required by the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. This is to alert you and the IRS of your potential to collect on tax credits that may be available.
Each university that is required to report does so by issuing a 1098-T form for each student with the required information related to the reporting calendar year. Information about 1098-Ts and their uses may be found here.
Saint Leo University issues 1098-Ts by January 31 each year. To ensure you receive your 1098-T timely, we recommend that you submit an electronic consent via your eLion account by January 12, 2021. The electronic consent allows us to make the 1098-T available to you online and you will not have to wait on delivery via mail. Electronic consent is simple:
1. To elect to receive your 1098-T electronically, log in to https://my.saintleo.edu and select eLion located on the right side column.
2. Select the ELION FOR STUDENTS as shown below.
3. Under ELION FOR STUDENTS, choose the first option titled Financial Information as shown below.
4. Under Financial Information, choose the option 1098 Electronic Consent as shown below.
5. Select the first option from the presented options below.
6. Click on the submit button. This will update when the consent was given in the Electronic Consent History Box.
Want To Receive Your 1098-T Form Via Mail?
If you prefer to receive your 1098-T via mail, please ensure to keep your address updated via eLion. It is critical any address changes be reported by January 12 to ensure accurate delivery. [Click here to view larger image]