As a student in an online logistics degree program, you've probably realized that there's an abundance of information available about this complex and constantly evolving career field.
So much, in fact, that it can be challenging to know where to begin when you need answers.
To help guide you through the labyrinth of logistics resources, we've gathered 101 of the most popular ones into a single list. This list can help you as a student working on course assignments and as a professional working in the industry.
Below you will find links to resources in a variety of categories:
So start bookmarking the sites you find most informative and interesting. And good luck as you prepare for an exciting career in this dynamic field.
- 3PL Wire (3plwire.com)Meaningful, up-to-date insights into the world of logistics and the latest happenings in global trade.
- Air Cargo World (aircargoworld.com)An air logistics magazine for shippers and others involved with the worldwide transport and delivery of perishables and manufactured goods.
- American Shipper (americanshipper.com)For shippers, carriers and third parties involved in international transportation and executives managing international logistics and supply chains.
- Commercial Carrier Journal (ccjdigital.com)For individuals in the freight transport business, including fleet executives and managers.
- DCVelocity (dcvelocity.com)For logistics and supply chain managers and executives. Covers all aspects of logistics.
- Field Technologies Online (fieldtechnologiesonline.com)A resource for optimizing field workers, service and assets that focuses on mobile technologies to improve productivity.
- Fleet Owner (fleetowner.com)Written for executives and managers of commercial-trucking fleets, Fleet Owner provides information about operations, vehicle maintenance, industry regulations and information-management technology.
- Food Logistics (foodlogistics.com)Covers the movement of product through the food supply chain.
- Inbound Logistics (inboundlogistics.com)Free digital subscription includes access to whitepapers and newsletters covering warehousing, logistics, supply chain management, transportation, logistics IT, 3PLS, cargo, freight, and more.
- Journal of Commerce (joc.com)High-quality intelligence and expertise on the container shipping and international logistics markets.
- Logistics Management (logisticsmgmt.com)Site includes news, blogs, webcasts and downloads covering logistics, transportation, technology and warehousing topics for managing an entire logistics operation.
- Logistics Online (logisticsonline.com)Logistics Online presents news and opinions on the latest transportation and logistics technology, including technology-based automation systems and distribution solutions.
- Logistics Quarterly (logisticsquarterly.com)Expert commentary and ideas for tackling today's logistics management challenges.
- Manufacturing & Logistics IT (logisticsit.com)Provides insight into how technological developments enable all kinds of businesses to operate effectively and efficiently.
- Material Handling & Logistics (mhlnews.com)For corporate managers who oversee the handling, storage and movement of raw materials, in-process goods and finished product throughout the supply chain.
- Materials Handling Product News (mhpn.com)For materials handling professionals in distribution, warehousing and manufacturing . Reports on the entire range of material handling products -- from the loading dock, to the manufacturing process, to storage and distribution.
- Modern Materials Management (mmh.com)Started in 1946, publication covers productivity solutions for materials handling professionals in distribution, warehousing and manufacturing.
- Supply & Demand Chain Executive (sdcexec.com)Business technology magazine for C-level supply chain executives and line-of-business executives. Covers the entire global supply chain that focuses on ROI, professional development and change management, all in a solutions-based format.
- Supply Chain Digest (scdigest.com)Summarizes and synthesizes important information for busy supply chain and logistics professionals.
- Supply Chain Management Review (scmr.com)Delivers in-depth, comprehensive feature articles written by the industry's top experts on the subjects that matter most to supply chain professionals.
- Transportation and Logistics International (tlimagazine.com)For logistics executives who want to stay on top of critical issues and trends and to read about, reach and influence the top decision-makers in the transport, shipping, supply chain management and logistics sectors.
- Transport Topics (ttnews.com)Covers all aspects of the trucking and freight transportation business.
- Blue Grace Logistics (mybluegrace.com)Describes itself as one of the nation's most recognized freight shipping blogs; covers the latest news, industry expertise, tips, franchise information, and more.
- Capterra Logistics Technology Blog (capterra.com/articles/logistics-technology)Capterra provides inventory, warehouse and distribution technology software solutions for logistics professionals.
- Consumer Goods Logistics Blog (kaneisable.com/blog)Focuses on key logistics and distribution issues impacting consumer goods manufacturers and their retail customers.
- LeanCor (leancor.com)Insight from a “trusted supply chain partner with a mission to advance the world's supply chains.”
- LeanLogistics Blog (leanlogistics.com/ourblog/)Offers the latest trends in transportation management.
- Logility (logility.com/blog)Logility provides collaborative supply chain optimization and advanced retail planning solutions.
- Logistics Viewpoints (logisticsviewpoints.com)Provides logistics professionals with clear and concise analyses of logistics trends, technologies, and services.
- Network Global Logistics Blog (nglog.com/blog)Supply chain and logistics news, resources and more from the first air courier company specializing in flight courier services and local ground courier services.
- PNG Logistics (pnglc.com/blog)PNG Logistics specializes in personalized third-party logistics services and blogs about logistics and freight.
- PLS Logistics Blog (plslogistics.com)A logistics management services provider that provides outsourced logistics solutions and freight brokerage services. Blog covers topics including transportation, 3PL, carriers, supply chain, shipping, freight, and more.
- SupplyChainBrain (supplychainbrain.com/content/index.php)A comprehensive supply chain management information resource featuring whitepapers, news, podcasts, supplier case studies, webinars, videos, blogs, newsletters, library, solutions form, job board, supplier directory, and more.
- World Food Programme – Logistics blog (wfp.org/logistics/blog)WFP leads logistics operations whenever a humanitarian emergency requires a joint response from United Nations agencies and the humanitarian community.
- American Association of Port Authorities (aapa-ports.org/index.aspx)AAPA is the unified voice of the seaport industry in the Americas, representing more than 130 public port authorities in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and Latin America.
- American Trucking Associations (trucking.org/Home.aspx)ATA is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry.
- Association for Operations Management (apics.org)APICS is a professional association for supply chain management and a provider of research, education and certification programs aimed at elevatig supply chain excellence, innovation and resilience.
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (cscmp.org)CSCMP is a worldwide professional association dedicated to the advancement and dissemination of research and knowledge on supply chain management.
- Eno Center for Transportation (enotrans.org)The Eno Center for Transportation is a neutral, non-partisan think-tank that promotes policy innovation and provides professional development opportunities across the career span of transportation professionals.
- Federation of International Trade Associations (fita.org)FITA's members are dedicated to the promotion of international trade, import-export, international logistics management, international finance, and more.
- Institute for Supply Management (instituteforsupplymanagement.org)ISM is the first and largest not-for-profit professional supply management organization worldwide.
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (iienet2.org)IISE is an international, nonprofit association that provides leadership for the application, education, training, research, and development of industrial and systems engineering.
- Intelligent Transportation Society of America (itsa.org)ITS America is the nation's largest organization dedicated to advancing the research, development and deployment of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) to improve the nation's surface transportation system.
- Intermodal Association of North America (intermodal.org/index.php)IANA is North American industry trade association representing the combined interests of the inter-modal freight industry.
- International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association (ibtta.org)IBTTA is a worldwide association representing toll facility owners and operators and the businesses that serve them.
- International Society of Logistics (sole.org)SOLE is a nonprofit international professional society dedicated to enhancing the art and science of logistics technology, education and management.
- International Warehouse Logistics Association (iwla.com)IWLA serves warehouse logistics organizations.
- National Defense Transportation Association (ndtahq.com)NDTA works to benefit national security and defense through education and knowledge sharing in logistics, transportation and passenger travel.
- National Industrial Transportation League (nitl.org)NITL serves as the shippers' voice as it carries out its mission to advance the views of shippers on freight transportation issues and enhance their professional development.
- National Shippers Strategic Transportation Council (nasstrac.org)NASSTRAC serves freight decision-makers who are mid-to upper-level management – from manager or director of transportation to vice president of logistics or supply chain management.
- Production and Operations Management Society (poms.org)An international professional organization representing the interests of production and operations managers around the world.
- Supply Chain Management Association (scma.com/en)SCMA is Canada's largest association for supply chain management professionals.
- The International Air Cargo Association (tiaca.org)TIACA represents, supports, informs, and connects every element of the global air freight supply chain.
- Transportation Intermediaries Association (tianet.org)TIA is focuses on third-party logistics professionals doing business in North America.
- Transportation Research Board (trb.org/Main/Home.aspx)TRB engages professionals worldwide in a broad range of interdisciplinary, multi-modal activities to lay the foundation for innovative transportation solutions.
- Warehousing Education Research Council (werc.org)WERC offers educational resources for distribution professionals, including events, performance metrics for benchmarking, practical research, expert insights and peer-to-peer knowledge exchange.
- Women's International Shipping & Trading Association (wista.net)WISTA is an international organization for women in management positions involved in the maritime transportation business and related trades worldwide.
- Americold Logistics (americold.com)A global leader in temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics to the food industry, offering comprehensive warehousing, transportation, and logistics solutions.
- BDP International (bdpinternational.com)One of the world's leading privately held freight logistics/transportation management firms.
- Bolloré Logistics (bollore-logistics.com)A global leader in international transport and logistics.
- Burris Logisitcs (burrislogistics.com)One of the largest and most sophisticated controlled-temperature food distribution operations in the nation.
- Cardinal Logistics Management (cardlog.com)A leading dedicated transportation solutions provider.
- Ceva Logistics (cevalogistics.com)A non-asset-based supply chain management company that designs and implements solutions for both freight management and contract logistics.
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (chrobinson.com/en/us)A company dedicated to improving the world's transportation and supply chains, and delivering exceptional value to customers and suppliers.
- Coyote Logistics (coyote.com)One of the fastest-growing third-party logistics and transportation providers in America, Coyote was named to Inbound Logistics 2015 list of the top 100 3PL providers. UPS bought the company in 2015.
- DB Schenker (dbschenker.com/ho-en/start)Supports industry and trade in the global exchange of goods: in land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management.
- DHL (dhl.com/en/logistics.html)Freight transportation, warehousing and distribution, supply chain solutions – DHL is one of the world's largest logistics specialists.
- DSV (us.dsv.com)DSV is a global supplier of transport and logistics services.
- Expeditors (expeditors.com)A global logistics and freight forwarding company headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
- FedEx Corp. (fedex.com/us)Provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services.
- Hub Group (hubgroup.com)A transportation management company that provides multi-modal solutions throughout North America, including intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services.
- GENCO (gencoshipping.com)A leading supply chain solution provider specializing in Product Lifecycle Logistics®.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (jbhunt.com)Provides logistics management services and integrated transportation solutions to major corporations.
- Kuehne + Nagel (kn-portal.com)A global provider of innovative and fully integrated supply chain solutions.
- Nippon Express (nipponexpressusa.com)Offers global logistics services, motor freight transport and forwarding, marine transport and freight forwarding, airfreight forwarding, and other air cargo transport and forwarding services, household goods moving services, and railway forwarding.
- Panalpina (panalpina.com)Offers forwarding services, along with logistics support and supply chain management.
- Penske Logistics (penskelogistics.com)With 700 locations in North America, 1,000 worldwide and 200,000 vehicles Penske is a global provider of logistics, transportation and distribution services.
- Ruan (ruan.com)A privately held transportation company providing dedicated fleet management, logistics management, warehousing and more.
- Ryder Supply Chain Solutions (ryder.com)Manages fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers using one of the largest fleet of trucks in North America and an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses.
- Swift Transportation (swifttrans.com)Provides regional truckload carrier services for building materials, paper products , retail merchandise, foods, and beverages throughout the United States.
- Total Quality Logistics (tql.com)Provides domestic freight transportation and logistics services, headquartered in Cincinnati.
- UTi Worldwide (go2uti.com)Founded in 1926, offers global supply chain management solutions for international industries with complicated needs. Has 310 offices and 230 logistics centers in 59 countries.
- UPS Supply Chain Solutions (ups-scs.com)The world's largest package delivery with resources to manage every aspect of global supply chains, including logistics, distribution, transportation, LTL and air freight.
- Werner Global Logistics (werner.com)Offers customers complete global logistics solutions with a single-source point of contact.
- XPO Logistics Inc. (xpo.com)A top ten global logistics company and Fortune's 2016 fasting-growing company. Operates in 34 countries with over 88,000 employees and 1,440 locations.
- Crabtree and Eller Executive Sourcing for the Transportation Industry (crabtreeandeller.com)Represent all sizes of companies throughout the United States who need transportation and logistics professionals.
- CSI Executive Search (csi-executivesearch.com)CSI specializes in transportation, logistics and supply chain recruiting.
- CS Recruiting (cs-recruiting.com)Services span the spectrum in the transportation, logistics and supply chain industries.
- JP Canon Associates (jpcanon.com/index.html)Executive search consultants and recruiters focused supporting all aspects of supply chain management: purchasing, logistics, production planning, inventory management, warehousing distribution, demand planning, forecasting, the supply and operations planning process and related systems areas.
- Logistics Recruiters USA (logisticsrecruitersusa.com/index.html)An intentionally small boutique search firm specializing in the placement of logistics professionals.
- McMillan Associates, Inc. (mcmillanassoc.com/index.php)An executive recruiting firm founded in 1968specializing in all areas of the supply chain including materials management, purchasing and logistics.
- Optimum Supply Chain Recruiters (optimumscr.com)Fills positions in the supply chain and logistics at the c-level, vice president, director, manager, supervisor and analyst levels nationally.
- Robins Consulting (robinsconsulting.com)Recruiting and staffing experience extends to specialists in all operating areas, from middle management to executive level positions, for Truckload (TL), Less-Than-Truckload (LTL), Inter-modal, Flatbed, Container and Tanker companies.
- >SearchLogix Group (http://searchlogixgroup.com)Executive search firm with unique capabilities in logistics, supply chain, transportation, distribution, RFID, technology, medical devices, biopharmaceutical, sales and management. Located in Atlanta.
- SupplyChainRecruit.com (www.supplychainrecruit.com/index.asp)An online resource for purchasing, procurement, logistics, supply chain management, and supply chain recruitment. Incorporates sub-niche focused job boards.
- Transportation Supply Chain Professionals, Inc. (tscp.jobs)Specializes in all modes of the transportation industry, and at every staffing level, including executive recruitment.
- iHireLogistics.com (www.ihirelogistics.com)A niche job board dedicated solely to the logistics industry.
- JobsInLogistics.com (www.jobsinlogistics.com)Largest online logistics job board specializing in career opportunities in logistics, supply chain, distribution, transportation, warehousing, freight forwarding, manufacturing, purchasing and inventory management.
- Logjobs.com (logjobs.com)Launched in 1998 to serve logistics and supply chain recruiters, the job board site reaches 37 million job seekers monthly and provides real-time job matching technology.
- JOC.com (