Admission to Saint Leo University is a simple, straightforward process for active duty and veteran military students.
We recognize the unique nature of the military lifestyle and are committed to easing the transfer of relevant course credits earned from regionally accredited schools. Our military-friendly admissions process is rolling, so you can enroll at any time and begin your studies during one of our six convenient start dates throughout the year.
In order to become a degree-seeking student in one of our online undergraduate programs, applicants who currently serve active military duty, National Guard or reserve forces will need to complete the following steps.
To apply for enrollment in one of Saint Leo University's online associate's or bachelor's programs:
- Fill out the online application.
- A color copy of a government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include: Driver’s License/State-Issued ID or Passport Photo page. Military members: please do not submit your military ID
- Important information for active duty and reservists: To receive the Military Rate, you will need to provide a copy of your most recent LES with listed ETS date
- Submit official military transcripts if available
- Submit official High school transcripts if military transcript are unavailable
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended, even if you did not complete a full academic term.
- Submit official scores for the following standardized examinations, if applicable: Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES), Excelsior College Exams (ECE), USAFI, Regents Examinations, other applicable examinations.
- Submit professional training documentation for possible academic credit. Provide documentation If you are a graduate of a nursing training program (include license), or a police officer who has completed training with the FBI National Academy, police institute and/or certified polygraph schools. Verification of training/service is obligatory in order to obtain academic credit for your training. All none-traditional sources of credit have specific limits.
Send all these materials directly to Saint Leo University at:
Office of Admissions
Saint Leo University
33701 County Road 52
PO Box 6665, MC 2008
Saint Leo, FL 33574
Once all of a student's documents have been received, you can expect official notification of our admission decision within 30 business days. If you do not qualify for admission by meeting the usual requirements, but show promise of academic success, Saint Leo University may grant provisional admission.
Once You're Accepted
After you accept Saint Leo's offer of admission, you will receive instructions on how to:
- Apply military-specific benefits to financing your education.
- Apply for financial aid and consider other available funding options.
- Sign up for courses.
- Take placement exams, so we can gauge your skill level before you begin your core English and math classes.
Learn more about Saint Leo University's Top Veteran & Military Education Benefits.