Admission to Saint Leo University is a simple, straightforward process for active duty and veteran military students.
We recognize the unique nature of the military lifestyle and are committed to easing the transfer of relevant course credits earned from regionally accredited schools. Our military-friendly admissions process is rolling, so you can enroll at any time and begin your studies during one of our six convenient start dates throughout the year.
In order to become a degree-seeking student in one of our online undergraduate programs, applicants who currently serve active military duty, National Guard or reserve forces will need to complete the following steps.
To apply for enrollment in one of Saint Leo University's online associate's or bachelor's programs:
- Fill out the online application.
- Provide proof of service in the form of: official military transcripts, a notarized copy of your DD-214 (for separated or retired service members), or a notarized copy of a NOBE DD2384 (for active duty members).
- Important information for active duty & reservists: To receive the Military Rate, you will need to provide a copy of Enlistment/Reenlistment Contract (generally known as DD 4/1).
- High school graduation documentation is not required if you are active duty or retired military.
- Submit official academic transcripts. Provide a chronological list of all colleges and universities you have attended, even if you did not complete a full academic term. You must submit a Transcript Release Form for each regionally accredited college or university you attended or in which you were enrolled. Download the Undergraduate Transcript Release Form
- Submit the following official documentation and standardized exam scores, if applicable:
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES)
- Excelsior College Exams (ECE)
JST Transcripts (Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans.)
- Regents Examinations
- CCAF transcript
- Other applicable examinations
- Submit professional training documentation for possible academic credit. Provide documentation if you are a graduate of a nursing training program (include license), or a police officer who has completed training with the FBI National Academy, police institute and/or certified polygraph schools. Verification of training or service is obligatory in order to obtain academic credit for your training. All non-traditional sources of credit have specific limits.
Send all these materials directly to Saint Leo University at:
Office of Admissions
Saint Leo University
33701 State Road 52
PO Box 6665, MC 2008
Saint Leo, FL 33574
Once all of a student's documents have been received, you can expect official notification of our admission decision within 30 business days. If you do not qualify for admission by meeting the usual requirements, but show promise of academic success, Saint Leo University may grant provisional admission.
Once You're Accepted
After you accept Saint Leo's offer of admission, you will receive instructions on how to:
- Apply military-specific benefits to financing your education.
- Apply for financial aid and consider other available funding options.
- Sign up for courses.
- Take placement exams, so we can gauge your skill level before you begin your core English and math classes.
Learn more about Saint Leo University's Top Veteran & Military Education Benefits.