Saint Leo University offers a variety of grants and scholarships to eligible first time in college students (and some eligible transfer students) attending University Campus.
Students with questions should contact their admissions counselor or call (352) 588-8283.
2022-2023 Awards and Scholarships
|Presidential Award||up to $14,000 for incoming first-year students|
|Dean's Award||up to $13,000 for incoming first-year students|
|Excellence Award||up to $12,000 for incoming first-year students|
|University Award||up to $11,000 for incoming first-year students|
|Presidential Transfer Award||up to $12,000 for transfer students|
|Dean's Transfer Award||up to $11,000 for transfer students|
|Excellence Transfer Award||up to $10,000 for transfer students|
|University Transfer Award||up to $9,000 for transfer students|
Additional awards and scholarships are listed below.
Tuition Advantage Program
The Tuition Advantage Program is designed to cover the full tuition of Florida resident students with a 3.5 unweighted high school GPA or higher, whose families make less than $50,000 per year based on the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)* on their 2020 tax return. The program covers the student's full tuition when institutional, state, and federal funds are added.
Students must enter Saint Leo's University Campus as an incoming freshman student.
Students who participate in the Tuition Advantage Program are eligible to attend Saint Leo's University Campus for a bachelor's degree program at no out-of-pocket tuition cost. The four-year estimated value of a Tuition Advantage financial aid package exceeds $100,000.
*Adjusted gross income is determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Florida residency is determined by the FAFSA as well as the Student Financial Services Office at Saint Leo.
- Maintain continuous full-time enrollment (12-15 credits per semester)
- Maintain a minimum 2.00 GPA
- Must complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Catholic Promise Scholarship
Stackable Award Amount: $3,000
Eligibility Requirement: Full-time students enrolling in Fall 2022 at University Campus will be eligible for the Catholic Promise Scholarship, given that the following criteria are met:
- Must graduate from a Catholic High School with GPA of 2.3
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must attend Saint Leo’s University Campus beginning in Fall 2022
- Must maintain a 2.5 GPA and full-time status while earning your Bachelor's degree
- Cannot be combined with Athletic Aid
Global Citizen Award
Stackable Award Amount: $3,000
Eligibility Requirement: International students are automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Limited awards are available.
Study Florida 50% Tuition Scholarship
Students who complete or will complete an Associate's Degree in the United States will qualify for a 50% tuition scholarship. This scholarship is applicable for new students enrolling in Spring 2022 and Fall 2022.
- Students must attend the University Campus.
- Students must have a minimum 2.0 GPA to qualify.
- Sponsored students will not qualify.
If you are an international student, the following eligibility requirements apply:
- Student must be an international student on a F-1 Visa
- Student must be in active immigration status
- Student must attend Saint Leo University – University Campus
- Not applicable for Education Centers and Online Programs
- Student must be enrolled full-time (12 – 18 credits) each semester
- Student must enroll in on-ground undergraduate coursework
- Student must remain academically eligible to return to Saint Leo University
- Students who are fully sponsored by a government agency will not qualify for this discount