The goal of Student Government Union (SGU) is to enhance student life on campus by providing activities, proposing legislation, and allocating money to student organizations for leadership opportunities, events and other student needs.
Through a spring election process, five students are elected to represent the student body as the Student Government Union. The roles vary, but the ultimate goal is to assist with enhancing the Saint Leo student experience.
Student Government Union Executive Board
Student Government Union Executive Board is made up of 5 student positions:
- President - Oversees Student Government Union and all functions and responsibilities of SGU
- Vice President of Operations - Oversees Senate and plans Leadership Conference
- Vice President of Activities - Oversees CAB (Campus Activities Board) and plans events for SGU
- Vice President of Finance - Oversees SGU budget and allocations
- Vice President of Communication Management - Oversees SGU social media platforms, records minutes at all SGU meetings, and plans town halls
2022-2023 Student Government Union Executive Board
Daniel Konesky, President
Khristian Parrish, Vice President of Operations
Ashley Tucker, Vice President of Activities
Leonardo Kelly, Vice President of Finance
Isabella Riano, Vice President of Communications Management
Additional Ways to Get Involved with SGU
Student Government Union Senate
The Student Government Union Senate is made up of 25 student positions who serves the campus community by:
- Creating and enacting legislation pertaining to the needs and concerns of the student body
- Regulating and managing the SGU electoral process
- Allocating SGU funds
You can get involved with the Senate as a first-semester student! Email us at email@example.com for more information.
For more information on the Student Government Union, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Instagram at @saintleosgu. Go Lions!