The Campus Activities Board (CAB) plans on and off campus events for all students to participate in and enjoy. The student leaders are provided a scholarship as well as get to participate in a Regional Conference! The Campus Activities Board is made up of 6 student positions:
- Vice President of Activities - A member of the SGU E-Board who is responsible for overseeing CAB.
- Multicultural, Diversity, and the Arts - Plans programming for the arts such as comedy shows, spoken words, as well as providing diversity programming celebrating events such as Hispanic Heritage Month, Native American History Month, Black History Month, Women's Herstory Month, etc.
- Off Campus Trips - Plans programming for off campus trips such as: Outdoor Recreational Activities, Sporting Events, Theme Park trips, trips to see plays (Wicked, Chicago, Rent, etc.), etc.
- Campus Engagement - Plans programming for on campus events such as: Bingo, novelties, etc.
- Traditional Programming - Plans large scale traditional events such as: Fall Family Festival, Winter Formal, and Spring Fling.
- Marketing & Social Media - Handles all social media accounts, designs flyers and markets events.
Meet the Campus Activities Board for 2022 – 2023
Vice President of Activities
Multicultural, Diversity, and the Arts Chair
Marketing and Social Media Chair
Off Campus Trips Chair
Campus Engagement Chair
Traditional Programming Chair
Students can get involved with CAB by becoming a member of the CAB Committee. A committee member works closely with the CAB E-board members in the planning process from selecting the performer or service and doing all the behind the scenes work in bringing an event to campus. The CAB Committee will meet once a month with the E-Board to discuss the events and sign up for events to volunteer at.
The Vice President of Activities will be picked from the student body during elections in the Spring semester. The CAB E-board will be selected by the Vice President of Activities and the advisor in an interview process. Our best advice? Stay involved with CAB and learn the ropes!
Students interested in becoming a part of the CAB Committee or just learning more about the Campus Activities Board can contact CAB at 352-588-8844 or at email@example.com.