The Saint Leo Parent and Family Association is a group of dedicated parent and family members who significantly assist the University as we strive to provide excellence in the undergraduate experience.
The Association represents the needs of undergraduate students and families and supports development of new programs and services that bolster the partnership between family members and the university by focusing efforts towards networking and fundraising on behalf of Saint Leo.
Members of the Saint Leo Parent and Family Association serve throughout their student’s undergraduate experience as long as they meet the following purpose and criteria:
- Provide insight from the parent/family perspective to the senior leadership of Saint Leo University through twice per year meetings and special occasion VIP receptions. Presentations will be provided by senior leadership at each meeting regarding current initiatives, campus life, and university updates.
- Serve as parent/family leaders on campus and in their communities for initiatives benefiting current students including priority areas such as Career Services, the Wellness Center and others.
- Demonstrate a pattern of generosity through sharing their time, talent and treasure, and encouraging other parents and families to do the same through a minimum annual gift to the University of $2500; connections to corporate and/or community leadership that benefits Saint Leo University students (i.e. job opportunities; campus speakers); and attending in person or via technology at least one of the campus meetings per year.
Benefits of Serving on the Association
- Opportunity to shape the family experience at Saint Leo
- Meet and network with Saint Leo families, faculty and alumni (VIP seating at campus events)
- Provide strategic input to university administration regarding student and family initiatives
- Serve as university ambassadors to promote the value of volunteering time, talent and treasure
- Provide time, talent and treasure to support the current student experience
Interested in learning more?
If you are interested in joining the Saint Leo Parent and Family Association, contact Dr. Jen Shaw, Vice President of Student Affairs at (352) 588-7096.
Parent and Family Fund
Saint Leo regards parent and family support as a crucial piece in delivering an environment that nurtures success and focuses on the total student experience. Your gift makes it possible to provide new student and family programs that foster balanced growth in mind, body and spirit, placing our students at the center of all we do, every day.
Frequently Asked Questions
At Saint Leo, we consider family members of new first-year students and transfer students as critical partners in the success of our students. We encourage all families of new students to attend New-Student Orientation.
New Student Orientation (NSO) includes a variety of programs and events that will set students on the path toward academic and personal success at Saint Leo University. This multi-day experience acquaints students with our campus, support services, policies, staff and faculty, and is the beginning of their friendships with other new and returning students.
Through programs offered, students and their families will be informed about the opportunities and responsibilities in and outside of the classroom. By exposing students to the key services and opportunities available to them, we hope to empower students to make well-informed decisions. NSO is mandatory for all first-year and transfer students attending University Campus.
As a family member, you will use this time to attend sessions on the curriculum, academic advising, housing, food services, finances, health services, and career services. You can also meet fellow family members at social events.
Financial aid forms for state aid proof of residency, requests to change loan amounts, satisfactory academic progress, loan responsibility, and confirmation of future attendance are available via eForm. You can access eForm by logging in to the student portal at portal.saintleo.edu and clicking on "eForm" under the Online Services section. After you have submitted an eForm, a confirmation email will be sent to your Saint Leo email address.
All other forms—including verification forms—are available via Financial Aid Forms. Students can access Financial Aid Forms via a personalized email sent from Student Financial Services to their Saint Leo University email address. Students must click on the link provided in the email in order to access Financial Aid Forms, create an account, and complete financial aid forms. Students can also access Financial Aid Forms at https://saintleo.okta.com.
Assuming all requirements are met, financial aid disbursements begin approximately 10 days from the start of a new term. It usually takes one full week to disburse funds to all students.
Refunds are sent to BankMobile Disbursements within 14 days from the date that the credit balance is created. For more information about BankMobile and your refund choices, visit the BankMobile website.
To view financial aid award and status, students can check their eLion account for up-to-date information. You can speak with a Student Financial Advisor with Student Financial Services 800-240-7658 or email your questions to email@example.com. On-site advisors are also available on a first-come, first-serve basis, or by appointment, at the Student Financial Support Center in St. Edward’s Hall.
Become a Member of the Parent and Family Association
The Parent and Family Association serves as a strong link between family members and Saint Leo. All parents and family members with undergraduate students are eligible to become members. Members of the Association have access to the most up-to-date and timely information, and can get involved in a number of programs and services, at no additional cost.
It is free to join us (become a member) and share in your student's college experience at Saint Leo University.