The Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965 was amended in 2008 by the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA). The changes implemented by this 2008 amendment required higher education institution to disclose specific information to prospective and current students, prospective and current parents, employees and the general public. This section of the Saint Leo University web-page is dedicated to providing access to a plethora of information about Saint Leo University. This web page will help University constituents locate information on Financial Aid, Cost of Attendance, Health Requirements, Safety Information, Post-Graduate Activities and much more.
Using the navigation link in on the right hand side of this page, you will be able to find a wealth of knowledge about the University. Paper copies of consumer disclosures are available upon request.
In this section of the University HEOA compliance website, you will find general information about the University. This will include information from FERPA to Career and Job Placement Services.
Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institutional Programs and Articulation Agreements
- Saint Leo University's Accreditation, Approval, Licensure of Institutional Program and Articulation Agreement Information
- Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 to obtain Saint Leo University accreditation information.
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 prohibits discrimination based on disability in programs or activities receiving federal financial assistance. Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (the ADA) prohibits discrimination based on disability in public accommodations, including private institutions of higher education.
The Office of Accessibility Services is located on the University Campus on the second floor of the Student Activities Building in Suite 203. Our mailing address and contact information are listed below.
Director of Accessibility Services
33701 County Road 52
Saint Leo, FL 33574
Phone: (352) 588-8464
Fax: (352) 588-8605
Duties and Responsibilities: Oversight of overall implementation of the disability accommodation process, including working with Student Services, the Equity Officer, and Professional Development, as applicable, coordination of training, education, communications, and administration of grievance procedures for faculty, staff, students and other members of the University community.
Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
Saint Leo strives to support all of its students academically.
- Read more on the facilities and resources available to students with disabilities.
The College Navigator provides selected IPEDS data to nearly 7,000 postsecondary institutions in the United States and other areas. It offers a wide range of information including programs offered, retention and graduation rates, aid available, campus safety, accreditation, and estimated student expenses.
Copyright Infringement, Computer Use and File Sharing– Policy and Sanctions
Please review the Saint Leo University document on Copyright, Patent & Invention Policies for information on the following:
- Copyright guidelines
- TEACH Act
- Fair Use
- Guidelines for Off-Air Recordings
- Copyright in Face-to-Face instruction Exemption to Copyright
- Ownership of Copyrightable Materials and Intellectual Property
- Copyright Ownership Policy
- Administration of Policy
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing and Copyright Law
Saint Leo offers a wide variety of academic programs in both undergraduate and graduate levels of study. To view the Saint Leo University course catalog, please visit our Catalog webpage.
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act
For information regarding Saint Leo University's intercollegiate athletic program participation and financial report date:
- Visit the U.S. Department of Education's Equity in Athletics page.
- Enter Saint Leo University in the institution field and click search at the bottom of the page.
- Select Saint Leo University on the search results page.
Prospective student athletes receiving athletically related student aid are provided reports on completion, graduation, and transfer-out rates, as well as other required information via the NCAA Public site.
To view Saint Leo University’s Report on Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data, commonly referred to as the EADA Report, visit the Equity in Athletics Data Analysis website.
To view student-athlete academic success rates for the 2008-2009 freshman cohort graduation rates, view the 2009-2010 NCAA Graduation Rates Report.
Saint Leo University cares about the health of its students. To help support students in making healthy living choices the Health Center provides services for students attending the Main Campus.
Information regarding the University vaccinations policies can be found by navigating to the Health Center's webpage.
Initial Teacher Preparation Program Effectiveness and Accountability Report
The Saint Leo University Initial Teacher Preparation Program Effectiveness and Accountability Report can be found on the Teacher Preparation Program page.
Internet Course Schedule and Course Supplies
To review the books and supplies required by the online courses, please visit Saint Leo University’s online book store.
The university welcomes persons from diverse and varied backgrounds. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation to attend or participate in the event, please contact the university at least two weeks prior to the event by emailing Section504@saintleo.edu. Your email should include the name of the individual in need of the accommodation, a contact email and phone number, the title of the event, the date and time of the event, and the type of accommodation requested. The university will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations. The university can make no guarantee for reasonable accommodations without reasonable notification.
University students who require accommodations should contact the university’s Office of Accessibility Services. University employees who require accommodations should contact Human Resources.
Section 504 Coordinator
Saint Leo University Student Code of Conduct
SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY CORE VALUES
Saint Leo University offers a practical, effective model for life and leadership in a challenging world. As such our community has adopted six steadfast moral guidelines to help us recognize the dignity, value, and gifts of all people. We expect all members of our community to use and embrace the following values in their day-to-day lives in order to strengthen our commitment to each other, our University, and to God.
- Excellence – Saint Leo University is an educational enterprise. All of us, individually and collectively, work hard to ensure that our students develop the character, learn the skills, and assimilate the knowledge essential to become morally responsible leaders. The success of our University depends upon a conscientious commitment to our mission, vision, and goals.
- Community – Saint Leo University develops hospitable Christian learning communities everywhere we serve. We foster a spirit of belonging, unity, and interdependence based on mutual trust and respect to create socially responsible environments that challenge all of us to listen, to learn, to change, and to serve.
- Respect – Animated in the spirit of Jesus Christ, we value all individuals’ unique talents, respect their dignity, and strive to foster their commitment to excellence in our work. Our community’s strength depends on the unity and diversity of our people, on the free exchange of ideas, and on learning, living and working harmoniously.
- Personal Development – Saint Leo University stresses the development of every person’s mind, spirit, and body for a balanced life. All members of the Saint Leo University community must demonstrate their commitment to personal development to help strengthen the character of our community.
- Responsible Stewardship – Our creator blesses us with an abundance of resources. We foster a spirit of service to employ our resources to university and community development. We must be resourceful. We must optimize and apply all of the resources of our community to fulfill Saint Leo University’s mission and goals.
- Integrity – The commitment of Saint Leo University to excellence demands that its members live its mission and deliver on its promise. The faculty, staff, and students pledge to be honest, just, and consistent in word and deed.
Saint Leo University Student Registration Agreement
All SAINT LEO students are responsible for reading the information contained in this Agreement. Please read carefully and print a copy for your records before accepting the terms herein and enrolling for courses.
If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, contact 800-240-7658
Enrollment in a program of study abroad approved for credit by Saint Leo University may be considered enrollment in Saint Leo University for purposes of applying for federal student financial aid. For additional information about study abroad, please visit the Study Abroad webpage.
Title IX at Saint Leo University
Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 is a federal law that states:
"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
Transfer of Credit Policy
- Credit transfer policy for transfer of credits from other higher educational institutions
To withdrawal, students must make formal application through the Academic Advising Office, located in room 322 of St. Edward Hall. Students must complete and submit a Request for Voluntary Academic Withdrawal form.
Continuing Education Centers
Students who find it necessary to withdraw must contact their Education Center office to obtain academic withdrawal with a grade of W.
Division of Continuing Education and Student Services students should contact their academic advisor to withdraw from the university.
Center for Online Learning
To withdraw, Center for Online students must complete an Official Course Withdrawal Form online.
If a student is active-duty military and receives unexpected TDY orders during the semester, an excused withdrawal may be available without financial penalty by providing orders of the duty to their advisor.