Student Advisors are a key resource to you while you are a student at Saint Leo. These professionals are committed to helping you on your journey to earn your undergraduate degree. All Student Advisors hold either undergraduate or graduate degrees, many of them earned in online learning environments. So they know what you’re going through and how to help. Consider them your main contact person for all things Saint Leo.
The following assessments will help determine the appropriate initial English and Math courses for you based on your current skill level.
You may opt out of the English Assessment if you have earned a grade of C or better in a credit-bearing, college-level English composition course at a regionally accredited U.S. institution. Contact your academic advisor for assistance.
Please keep in mind that you may take each assessment only once. You will be notified immediately of the results.
The English Assessment consists of writing an original essay. The essay should consist of a 4-5 paragraph essay with up to 1,000 words. Note: The maximum word count is 1000 words, and you will have up to 45 minutes to complete the essay.
- Click here for access to the English Assessment.
- Click <Create New Account> in the New User section of the page.
- Access Code: 3YGB-RCSX
- Complete the User Account information. Use your Saint Leo Student ID number as your User Name. Be sure to make a note of your Password as you will need the Password for the next step.
- When your User Account is successfully created, you will be taken back to the Criterion log-in screen. In the Returning User section, enter the User Name and Password you created and click Sign In.
- After you log in, click on the underlined English Assessment class link and then click on the Assignments tab on the next screen to begin your essay.
- Depending upon your results you will be eligible to take either ENG002 or ENG121.
- To register for your placement test click here.
- Fill in your profile information and credentials, record your credentials.
- Click Submit, then you will be sent an email to confirm your email address.
- After confirming your email address, click Log in to Mobius.
- Use your email address and password to log in.
- Click Enroll in a Class.
- Select Math Assessment then click Register.
- Click Confirm.
- Click on Math Assessment.
- Click on Assessment 1.
- Click "Next" to move from question to question.
- Click "Submit Assignment" when complete to grade your test.
- Business majors with a score of 14 or greater on Assessment 1 should enroll in MAT 141. If you score below 14, you should enroll in MAT 003.
- Assessment scores are reported to the Center for Online Learning.
Foundational courses are non-credit courses. (Foundational courses DO count as 3 semester hours each for financial aid purposes.) If you are required to take a Foundational Course, we recommend you enroll in at least one foundational course your first term.
Foundational courses do not count toward the 4-class limit prior to matriculation; however, Foundational courses DO count as 3 semester hours each for financial aid purposes.
Under Federal Regulation 38 USC 3672, 3675, 3680A: VA will not approve payment of benefits for remedial courses offered online.
Please contact your academic advisor if you have any questions about the assessments.