If you dream of a sport management career, then you need to hear what Saint Leo Professor Dr. Eric Schwarz has to say. Download the podcast.
If you’re searching for those ‘pearls of wisdom’ about breaking into a career in the sport industry, look no further than Saint Leo University's Dr. Eric Schwarz.
Like a coach during the final time-out of a crucial game, in the Saint Leo University podcast titled, “Getting Started in Sport Business” he is clear, decisive and direct.
“It’s who you know that gets you the job in this industry. It’s what you know that keeps the job.”
“The perception is that sport is fun. The reality is it’s a tough business – just like working on Wall Street or for any Fortune 500 company.”
Seasoned expert shares industry insight
Dr. Schwarz, department chair and professor of sport business, has been teaching college and university students in both the United States and Australia for close to 20 years.
Under his leadership, the university’s online MBA program with a specialization in sport business was ranked among the top online programs globally and received the first national accreditation of an MBA-Sport Business program through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation.
A prolific writer and worldwide presenter, Dr. Schwarz has years of experience in the sport industry, including work for the Boston Marathon, the NHL, NASCAR, and the NBA, to name just a few.
In the podcast, Dr. Schwarz, shares insight into the sport industry and preparing for a career that is based on his decades of experience and expertise.
Topics discussed in the podcast include:
- What are the two most important things you can do now to prepare for your career?
- Where are the jobs?
- Do you really need an internship?
- The number-one challenge facing the sport industry.
- Getting fans off the couch and into the stadium.
- The effect of increasing player salaries on the business.
- Do you really need a degree to break into the business?
- Sport business, sports management, sports marketing: What’s the difference?
- How do you find the degree program that’s right for you?
The “Getting Started in Sport Business” podcast is available for download – or you can listen now on your computer.
Are you interested in a career in sport management?
Bristol Motor Speedway & Dragway
Other posts you may be interested in reading: