Why choose Saint Leo’s Online Criminal Investigator Degree Programs ?
The College of Education & Social Services offers several graduate criminal investigator degree programs, including the online master’s degree in Criminal Justice with a Criminal Investigation specialization.
Our curriculum is designed to teach criminal justice administrators, first responders, government officials, and organizations to understand how to manage critical incidents, psychological aspects of disasters, hazard mitigation and risk identification. The director of Saint Leo University's criminal justice degree program has nearly 30 years of varied investigative experience and is known nationally for his work.
Specializations available under Saint Leo’s master’s degree in Criminal Justice include:
- Behavioral Studies teaches how criminal behavior and the criminal code interact, as well as how behavioral disorders impact individuals and criminal behavior.
- Corrections is designed to provide a better understanding of complex issues of offenders, trends of the 21st century and the problems associated with recidivism.
- Criminal Investigations introduces students to violence, sexual deviance, environmental and juvenile crimes.
- Critical Incident Management teaches law enforcement skills to manage complex global risks and disasters.
- Forensic Science provides the opportunity for you to gain the knowledge required to assist with operations during incidents in which forensic science is a factor through modern, hands-on instruction.
- Legal Studies provides students with a well-rounded understanding of legal procedures and how the judicial system operates within the civil and criminal domain.
The area of criminal investigations plays an important role in criminal offenses and offers many career paths. This course of study will focus on the way the different investigative methodologies interact together to solve some of the world’s most heinous, violent criminal acts, which cause major economic loss in addition to loss of life.
One of the leading military colleges in the United States, Saint Leo University has educated criminal justice professionals for more than three decades. In the Catholic spirit, we base our criminal justice model on a steadfast moral consciousness that recognizes the dignity, value, and gifts of all people.