Since the 1960s, Saint Leo University has offered a Bachelor of Social Work degree program. This historically successful program has prepared a large number of Saint Leo alumni to pursue rewarding careers in all areas of social work, finding opportunities to make a difference in the lives of many individuals.
In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, Dr. Ebony Perez, chair of the undergraduate social work program at Saint Leo, is our guest. Dr. Perez talked about:
- Her education and practical experience working in the social work field
- The long and successful history of Saint Leo University's Bachelor of Social Work degree program dating back to the 1960s
- The types of students who have enrolled in this undergraduate social work degree program and their career interests
- Where the program is offered and some nice flexible options for all types of learners
- The social work minor option and the other majors with which this minor can effectively be paired as a Saint Leo student
- The strong background of the faculty in this program and their one-on-one availability to Saint Leo students
- The types of courses offered in this social work degree program and some unique electives
- The requirement for students to attain practical experience through field placements and internships, along with specific connections Saint Leo University has to local social work-oriented organizations around the Tampa Bay area
- Opportunities for students to also earn a Master of Social Work degree from Saint Leo in just one year upon earning a Bachelor of Social Work degree
- Where Saint Leo BSW alumni are currently working and how their degree has helped them attain a variety of rewarding roles in the social work field
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the social work field and the increased opportunities within the field as a result of the pandemic's effects on our society
Listen to Episode 26 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast with Dr. Ebony Perez, chair of the Bachelor of Social Work degree program at Saint Leo University, here.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes here.
For additional information on the Bachelor of Social Work degree program at Saint Leo University, visit the program page.
Learn More about Dr. Ebony Perez
Check out the faculty bio page for Dr. Ebony Perez to learn more about her background and the courses she teaches in Saint Leo's Bachelor of Social Work program.