Since it was known as a military college dating back to 1890, Saint Leo University has had a longstanding commitment to educating military members and their families.
In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, we are joined by Dr. Ernest "Luke" McClees, the director of Saint Leo University's Office of Military Affairs and Services, currently housed at University Campus. McClees talked about:
- His personal background, military service, and education
- His work teaching in higher education prior to joining Saint Leo University and a unique veteran-oriented program he helped launch
- How he came to Saint Leo University and his duties as director of the Office of Military Affairs and Services at University Campus
- The history of how Saint Leo has served military students and families for several decades, including how the institution offered distance learning programs as early as the 1970s
- The specific services and support offered by his office to military-connected students
- The benefits of attaining a college degree for an active-duty military member, reservist, or military veteran
- Why an active-duty military member, reservist, or veteran should feel comfortable attending Saint Leo University and the many faculty and staff who are also veterans
- How Saint Leo helps all military students and families claim their education benefits and other qualifying financial aid through a seamless process
Listen to Episode 16 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast on the Office of Military Affairs and Services here.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes here.
Learn More about Saint Leo University's Office of Military Affairs and Services
Learn more about the Office of Military Affairs and Services at Saint Leo University and how it supports military students of all backgrounds here.
Check out a blog article highlighting the Office of Military Affairs and Services here.