The field of communication opens the door to a tremendous number of career paths. From television news production and radio broadcasting to digital marketing and social media management for global brands, a communication degree can help a graduate flourish in a wide range of engaging roles.
In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, our guest is Dr. Kenneth Embry, a faculty member in the Bachelor of Communication degree program in the Tapia College of Business at Saint Leo University. We also feature a guest host, Montserrat 'Montse' Molina, a senior multimedia management student who has had Embry for some courses in her degree program. Molina spoke with Embry about:
- His career before getting into teaching
- How he got into teaching and his journey to Saint Leo University
- His advice for prospective students thinking about enrolling in Saint Leo University's Bachelor of Communication degree program
- Where the communication program is offered, the three tracks, and the faculty with complementary backgrounds who teach in this program
- The unique podcasting course offered in this program
- His own personal podcast and what he has learned from hosting it
- Why he likes to regularly ask students, 'What do you want to be when you grow up?' and how he helps them answer this question
- His teaching style
- What makes him proud to be a college professor
- Advice he would give a student thinking about going into the communication field as a career
- Alumni success stories of those who have completed this Bachelor of Communication degree program
Listen to Episode 32 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast with Dr. Kenneth Embry on the Bachelor of Communication degree program at Saint Leo University on the Episode 32 podcast page.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes on the Saint Leo 360 podcast page.
Learn more about the undergraduate communication program and its many options at Saint Leo University on the Bachelor of Communication degree program page.