Are you intrigued by what causes individual and social challenges and the rewarding careers in which you can help make a difference in the lives of others? A degree and career in human services might be right up your alley.
In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, our guest is Dr. Amina Abdullah, chair of the undergraduate human services degree program at Saint Leo University. Dr. Abdullah spoke about:
- Her career background working in human services and how she got into teaching for Saint Leo University
- Where the BA in human services degree program is offered and the flexibility of several modalities
- Who this undergraduate program is intended for
- An overview of the courses and topics covered in the curriculum
- An overview of the experienced faculty who teach in this program
- The variety of career opportunities graduates can pursue in the human services field with this degree
- Pursuing a graduate degree program after completing this bachelor's degree
- Saint Leo alumni success stories of graduates who have earned this degree
- What sets this program apart from others and the numerous unique opportunities available to students
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has increased the need for human services professionals
Listen to Episode 37 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast with Dr. Amina Abdullah on the bachelor's in human services degree program and the many rewarding careers graduates may pursue with this degree at Saint Leo University on the Episode 37 podcast page.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes on the Saint Leo 360 podcast page.
Learn more about the bachelor's in human services degree program at Saint Leo University on the human services program page.
Hear from Saint Leo Human Services Alumni
Check out a Leaders in the Industry webinar from 2020 featuring several graduates from Saint Leo's BA in human services degree program to learn about their experience in the program and how this degree has benefited them in their careers.