In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, our guest is Dr. Lisa Rapp McCall, a professor of graduate social work in the Master of Social Work degree program at Saint Leo University. Rapp-McCall recently helped author an in-depth resource for social workers, The Social Workers’ Desk Reference, 4th Edition. During the conversation, she discussed:
- A brief bio of herself and her social work career in the field
- Her social work teaching career
- How she got involved in authoring The Social Workers’ Desk Reference, 4th Edition
- Other Saint Leo University social work degree program faculty involved in contributing to this book
- An overview of the book and its numerous cutting-edge topics and strategies
- Who the book is intended for
- What sets this book apart from others in the social work realm
- Where the book can be purchased
- Where Saint Leo University’s Master of Social Work degree program is offered
- MSW program options with tracks for full-time, part-time, and advanced standing students
- Examples of courses offered in the MSW program
- Fieldwork requirements of the program
- An overview of the faculty teaching in the program and their unique backgrounds
- The overall benefits of the program and what sets it apart from others
- The many benefits of working in the social work field
Links & Resources
Get Your Copy of The Social Workers’ Desk Reference, 4th Edition
- The book is available from Oxford University Press. The promo code to receive a discount when purchasing from OUP is: ASFLYQ6.
- It is also available on Amazon.
- Plus, it is available through Barnes and Noble.
Learn More about Saint Leo University’s Master of Social Work Degree Program
- Check out the MSW program page to learn more about the many options available to students.