College of Education and Social Services
At the College of Education and Social Services, we couple a transformative liberal arts education with highly specialized training in the education and social service fields.
As one of the oldest Catholic universities in Florida, our goal is to foster our Benedictine values of intellectual curiosity and community-minded integrity. Through close faculty mentorships, field internships, and applied learning experiences, we prepare students for careers in education, social work, criminal justice, and human services.
Our professors remain active in their respective fields as researchers and practitioners, and their innovation earns Saint Leo industry-leading recognition. Our undergraduate and graduate social work programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
Because we understand the changing needs of today's students, we provide options such as evening and weekend courses as well as online offerings.
Programs That Prepare You for Long-Term Success
They take the extra time to talk to you and assist you, and are very flexible with helping you grow anyway you want to. I’ve had good conversations with professors before and after class about my goals and passions and how I can reach those. They’ve given me a lot of helpful suggestions and advice.
Lauren Sentovich | Online Master of Social Work Program
The College of Education and Social Services' initiatives are dedicated to graduating effective professionals committed to building strong, responsive, and caring communities. To accomplish this mission, the objectives of the College's faculty are
- to embrace and commit to the ideals of excellence in teaching and quality community service
- to remain active in their respective fields as researchers and practitioners
- to teach students to develop an appreciation of the complexity and diversity in society and be concerned about human dignity
- to assist students in understanding social and individual problems and develop a determination to help resolve those problems
- to prepare students for careers of service