Saint Leo University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Saint Leo University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Saint Leo University recognizes transfer credit from regionally accredited institutions. Non-regionally accredited coursework may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Transfer credit is assessed on the educational quality of the learning experience; the comparability of the nature, content, and level of the learning experience; and the applicability of the learning experience in light of the student's educational goals.
Schools & Programs Accreditations
Saint Leo University’s School of Business received initial accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP) in November 2014. Saint Leo University’s degree program in social work is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Council on Social Work Education (BSW and MSW).
The Bridge Program at Saint Leo University is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation. For further information about this accreditation, please contact CEA, 1001 North Fairfax Street, Suite 630, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 665-3400, www.cea-accredit.org.
Saint Leo University has Teacher Education Programs approval by the State of Florida Department of Education.
Undergraduate and master's degree programs in the Donald R. Tapia School of Business are accredited by ACBSP. For a list of accredited programs, click here.
Saint Leo University holds memberships in:
- American Association of Adult and Continuing Education
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF)
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Institutions for Military Education Services (NAIMES)
- National Catholic Education Association
- National Collegiate Honor Society
- Private Colleges and Universities of Florida, an organization of 21 of Florida’s most competitive and prestigious private colleges and universities
- University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)
Education Centers Licensure
Licensure indicates only that minimum standards have been met; it is not equal to or synonymous with accreditation by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Saint Leo University is licensed by the Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission organized under the Georgia Department of Education. 2189 Northlake Parkway, Building 10, Suite 100, Tucker, GA 30084-4113. (770) 414-3300.
Saint Leo University Shaw Center, South Carolina, is licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education. 1333 Main Street, Suite 200, Columbia, SC 29201. (803) 737-2260. Licensure indicates only that minimum standards have been met; it is not equal to or synonymous with accreditation by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.