For many years, Saint Leo University has offered a number of nationally-recognized criminal justice degree programs from the associate level through launching a Doctor of Criminal Justice program in the fall of 2018. The instructors who teach across this spectrum of academic programs come from a wide range of backgrounds within the fields of criminal justice and law, each of whom brings a wealth of unmatched practical experience to the classroom.
In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, we caught up with Drs. Phillip Neely and Joseph Cillo who both teach in the university’s criminal justice degree programs. They discussed:
- Their unique backgrounds in law enforcement (Neely) and criminal law (Cillo)
- How they came to teach in the criminal justice degree programs at Saint Leo University
- The various criminal justice degree program courses they’ve taught at the university, including a unique class Cillo has taught on serial killers
- What makes Saint Leo University’s criminal justice degree programs stand out from the rest of the pack
- The university’s strong relationship with the Pasco Sheriff’s Office in the Tampa Bay area of Florida and how Saint Leo students gain practical experience through a field placement program
Listen to Episode 15 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast with two distinguished professors in Saint Leo University’s criminal justice degree programs here.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes here.
Learn More about Saint Leo University’s Criminal Justice Degree Programs
Learn more about the many undergraduate and graduate criminal justice degree programs at Saint Leo University here.