Over the past year, social justice issues and the discussion on how to improve social unity have been at the forefront of American society. There are many factors at play, and it can be overwhelming trying to understand the root causes of these societal challenges and how to best address them in a clear and appropriate manner.
In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, we feature an engaging and thought-provoking roundtable discussion on social work and social justice. We are joined by three panelists who teach in the Bachelor of Social Work degree program at Saint Leo University. The panelists are Dr. Ebony Perez, chair of the undergraduate social work degree program, along with Prof. Christina Cazanave and Dr. Sha’leda Mirra. The three faculty members discussed:
- Why there is so much divisiveness in our society and how social media factors into this
- Simple starting points on how we can bring more social unity to our population
- The meaning of the term “social justice” and what this concept represents in our society
- Why “social justice issues” involve so much more than racial justice
- The diversity among the collective group who have shown support for social justice issues and the ultimate desire for social unity over the past year
- How Saint Leo University has supported the positive efforts of the social justice movement from the standpoint of these three social work faculty members
Listen to Episode 30 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast with three faculty members in Saint Leo University’s Bachelor of Social Work degree program on social justice issues on the Episode 30 podcast page.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes on the Saint Leo 360 podcast page.
Learn More about Saint Leo University’s Bachelor of Social Work Degree Program
To learn more about the Bachelor of Social Work degree program at Saint Leo University, visit the Bachelor of Social Work program page.