For a number of years, Saint Leo University students have had the opportunity to visit Israel as part of a course offered by the university to study counterterrorism tactics in this unique Middle Eastern country. This involves unmatched access students receive to get an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at this nation’s counterterrorism and security operations.
In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, we preview the upcoming Counterterrorism in Israel trip and course through Security Solutions International this November. Dr. Robert Sullivan, an assistant professor of criminal justice and lead counterterrorism instructor at Saint Leo, spoke about:
- How this trip was originally put together in the mid-2000s and previous trips Saint Leo faculty members and students have taken to Israel
- Saint Leo’s strong partnership with Security Solutions International
- The dates of this year’s Counterterrorism in Israel trip in November of 2021
- Who is eligible to participate in the trip and course credit students can receive through a separate online course
- The tentative itinerary and unique activities surrounding counterterrorism tactics that students can expect to participate in while in Israel
- Why students can expect an incredibly safe experience while there thanks to support from SSI
- The value of this trip and how incredibly educational it is to experience immersion in a society
- How Saint Leo University students can register for the trip
Listen to Episode 39 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast on the upcoming Counterterrorism in Israel trip and course with Dr. Robert Sullivan on the Episode 39 podcast page.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes on the Saint Leo 360 podcast page.
Interested in Saint Leo University’s Criminal Justice Degree Programs?
Learn about all of the criminal justice degree programs offered at Saint Leo University – from associate to doctoral – here.