In the fall of 2018, Saint Leo University was one of the first universities to launch a Doctor of Criminal Justice (DCJ) degree program. While others offer PhD programs in criminal justice, this was one of the only doctorate in criminal justice programs that was not part of a traditional PhD curriculum.In this Episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, we caught up with Bill Elders, a former graduate enrollment counselor for the program and current criminal justice degree program instructor to discuss:
- Saint Leo University's long history of educating students and professionals in its nationally recognized criminal justice degree programs
- Why Saint Leo decided to launch its doctorate in criminal justice program in 2018
- What topics are covered in this doctoral criminal justice degree curriculum and who this program is geared toward
- The residency experiences within the program and the dissertation
- What types of careers and advancement opportunities graduates may attain with this doctoral criminal justice degree
- Elders' background in law enforcement
Listen to Episode 11 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast with Bill Elders on Saint Leo's doctorate in criminal justice degree program here.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes here.
Learn More about Saint Leo University's Doctorate in Criminal Justice Degree Program
Learn more about the doctorate in criminal justice program at Saint Leo University here.