The written word speaks to the intellect, the imagination, and the soul. The world is always in need of articulate communicators, and graduates with an English degree know how to meet that demand. Earning this reading- and writing-oriented degree can lead to a lengthy list of rewarding career avenues across many industries as well.
In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, we showcase the Bachelor of Arts in English degree program at Saint Leo University. Our guest is Dr. Chantelle MacPhee, the chair of the Department of Language Studies and the Arts and an associate professor of English in the program. Dr. MacPhee talked about:
- Her educational, professional, and personal backgrounds
- How she got into teaching and her journey to Saint Leo University
- A history of Saint Leo’s BA in English program and where it is currently offered
- The types of students this English degree program is intended for
- The specializations and minors in this program
- An Overview of the courses and topics covered in the curriculum
- An overview of the diverse faculty who teach in this program
- Clubs, chapters, publications, and internships in which English majors can get involved to gain real-world experience
- Career opportunities with an English degree
- Examples of graduate degree programs that graduates of this bachelor’s program may pursue
- Examples of alumni success stories from this program
- What sets this program--and Saint Leo University in general--apart from other English degree programs out there
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the specific fields that English degree grads are going into
Listen to Episode 52 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast with Dr. Chantelle MacPhee on the BA in English degree program at Saint Leo University on the Episode 52 podcast page.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes on the Saint Leo 360 podcast page.
Learn More about the Bachelor of Arts in English Degree Program
Learn more about the bachelor’s in English program at Saint Leo University on the English degree program page.