For several decades, Saint Leo University has been educating future teachers through its highly respected bachelor's in education degree program. With a number of tracks covering education of K-12 and other types of learners, this program has placed graduates into positions in which they have flourished within the traditional school system environment and even in corporate training settings.
In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, Dr. Holly Atkins joins the conversation. Atkins, the chair of Saint Leo University's undergraduate education program, discussed:
- Her teaching background in K-12 schools in Pinellas County and how she came to Saint Leo University
- The long and successful history of the undergraduate education program at Saint Leo
- The admission requirements of this bachelor's in education program
- The Demographics and types of students who have enrolled in the education degree program and their career interests
- Where this program is offered
- The length of the program and credit requirements
- The various program tracks and minors
- An overview of the faculty who teach in the program and the one-on-one access students have to their instructors
- Field work requirements and connections this program has to local schools and organizations
- Examples of career opportunities with an undergraduate education degree
- Examples of alumni and their careers
- The graduate education degree programs at Saint Leo University and how this program prepares students for graduate studies
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on education and the future of remote learning for pre-K and K-12 students
Listen to Episode 31 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast with Dr. Holly Atkins on the bachelor's in education degree program at Saint Leo University on the Episode 31 podcast page.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes on the Saint Leo 360 podcast page.
Learn more about the undergraduate education program and its many options at Saint Leo University on the bachelor's in education program page.