If you're a student in one of Saint Leo's online degree programs, you're probably planning on submitting those discussion posts and assignments early this Sunday.
Because whether you're a football fan or not, it's Super Bowl Sunday. And the best thing about this American ritual is that you don't have to be a sports fan to have great time.
For true football enthusiasts, yes, it's all about the game.
But for the rest of us, it's about taking a break from the routine. It's about hanging out with family and friends, splurging on fun food and catching the commercials and the halftime show.
The day, indeed, is bigger than football.
Which is why our trivia questions below are about more than football.
So see how much you know about the commercials, halftime shows, food and – of course, football.
Answers are at the bottom of the post, so don't peek!
Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!
- Which player has competed in the most Super Bowls?
- Which player has won the most Super Bowls?
- Who kicked the longest field goal in Super Bowl history?
- Which quarterback has thrown the most passes in a Super Bowl game?
- What cities (or regions) where Saint Leo Education Centers are located have hosted Super Bowls? (Hint: there are three.)
- How much did tickets to the first Super Bowl in 1967 cost?
- What team has the most Super Bowl titles?
- How much does a Super Bowl ring cost?
- Has a Super Bowl game ever gone into overtime?
- What two cities have hosted the most Super Bowls?
- The average cost for a 30-second commercial during the 2015 Super Bowl is between $4.4 million and $4.5 million. When the Super Bowl premiered in 1967, how much did a commercial cost?
- Which company was the first to pay $1 million for a Super Bowl commercial?
- What hamburger chain used Clara Peller to introduce its "Where's the beef?" phrase in 1984?
- What company introduced its talking infant in ads during the 2008 Super Bowl?
- What quarterback was "creamed" by starlet Farrah Fawcett in a 1973 Noxzema shave commercial?
- In 2001, EDS (now owned by HP) produced a commercial that was a parody of the annual Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain. What animal did the commercial highlight instead of bulls?
- What rocker screams in despair as his kids morph into Donny and Marie Osmond in a 2003 Pepsi commercial?
- What football player does a young boy offer his Coke to in the classic 1980 spot?
- Which was the first pizza retailer to advertise during a Super Bowl?
- Which car retailer used the slogan, "Before we made it beautiful, we made it right" in their 1983 Super Bowl commercial? (Hint: Ford, Mercedes or BMW?)
The Halftime Shows
- What Florida university's band performed at two halftime shows, 1969 and 1971?
- What group played the Super Bowl four times, despite the fact that they were one of the least popular acts ever?
- Who performed at Super Bowl XL?
- What jazz legend performed at the Super Bowl in 1972?
- In 1991, the halftime show was shown after the game to make room for Desert Storm news coverage. What group performed?
- The 1993 halftime show was the first show to ever highlight a single performer. Who was the performer?
- Who was performing with Janet Jackson in 2004 during the 'wardrobe malfunction" halftime show?
- Which halftime performer has attracted the largest audience in Super Bowl history?
- What group does Rolling Stone rate the worst halftime show of all time?
- What performance does Rolling Stone rate "one of the truly great live-TV rock&roll moments of all time"?
- What is the most popular game day food?
- Which is more popular: bone-in or boneless wings?
- How many pounds of avocados were eaten as guacamole last year?
- Super Bowl Sunday is the second biggest eating day of the year after Thanksgiving. True or False?
- Which do Americans eat more of on Super Bowl Sunday, chips or popcorn?
- What five beers make up 94 percent of the 50 million cases of beer consumed on Super Bowl Sunday?
- What percent of people consider pizza a "must have" Super Bowl food?
- How many calories from snacks does the average viewer consume on Super Bowl Sunday?
- By what percent do antacid sales increase by the day after Super Bowl?
- How many people are late for work the day after the Super Bowl?
Answers:The Game: (1) Mike Lodish, 6 games (2) Charles Haley, 5 games (3) Steve Christie, 54 yards (4) Jim Kelly, 58 passes (5) Tampa, San Diego, Atlanta (6) $12 (7) Pittsburgh Steelers (8) $5,000 (9) No (10) Miami and New OrleansThe Commercials: (1) $40,000 (2) Apple in 1984 (3) Wendy's (4) E*TRADE (5) Joe Namath (6) "Running of the Squirrels" (7) Ozzy Osbourne (8) 'Mean' Joe Greene (9) Domino's (10) Ford The Halftime Shows: (1) Florida A&M (2) Up With People (3) The Rolling Stones (4) Ella Fitzgerald (5) New Kids on the Block (6) Michael Jackson (7) Justin Timberlake (8) Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers (9) Black Eyed Peas, 2011 (10) U2, 2002 The Food: (1) chicken wings: 1.23 billion wings will be eaten; placed end to end they would stretch across the country 25 times (2) bone-in 54% vs. boneless 46% (3) 71 million with 11 million pounds of chips (4) True (5) chips 14,500 tons vs. 4,000 tons of popcorn (6) Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors Light, Miller Lite and Natural Light (7) 61% (8) 1,200 (9) 20% (10) 4.4 million
Sources: New York Post.com; BusinessInsider.com; Boston.com; sports.Yahoo.com; mentalfloss.com; rollingstone.com; cnn.com; retailindustry.about.com; thedailymeal.com; farmprogress.com; time.com; shape.com; today.com
Image Credits: Milleflore Images and David Lee on Shutterstock; U.S. Department of Agriculture on Flickr/Creative Commons