In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, we visit with Prof. Gianna Russo, an assistant professor of English and creative writing in the Department of Language Studies and the Arts within the College of Arts and Sciences at Saint Leo University. During the discussion, Russo covered:
- Her personal background with a unique family history in the Tampa Bay area
- How she got interested in writing poetry
- What inspired her to pursue a career teaching high school and a unique creative writing program she helped develop
- How she began teaching for Saint Leo University and courses she teaches at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Her innovative approaches to teaching and grading assignments
- The benefits of attending Saint Leo University from the standpoint of a faculty member
- The publications and writing events she is involved with at Saint Leo
- Her published works and a reading of one of her favorite poems
To learn more about Gianna Russo, check out her personal website. Learn more about the Sandhill Review.
Learn More about the undergraduate English degree program on Saint Leo’s BA in English degree program page.
For those looking for a graduate degree program, learn more about the MA in creative writing degree program.