In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, we are joined by Chad Berryhill, head coach of the Saint Leo tennis program in which he coaches both the men’s and women’s tennis teams. During the conversation, Berryhill talked about:
- Where he is from and his early years
- How he got interested in sports, specifically tennis
- His education and getting into coaching
- His tennis coaching experience prior to coming to Saint Leo University
- How he wound up coming to coach the Saint Leo tennis program and what this opportunity meant to him
- His current coaching staff and how he works with them
- Memorable Saint Leo tennis teams and student-athletes he has coached
- The characteristics he looks for when recruiting student-athletes to come play tennis for the Saint Leo Lions
- The benefits of attending Saint Leo University and playing Division II athletics in the competitive Sunshine State Conference (SSC)
- How student-athletes can effectively balance athletics and academics
- How competing in college athletics can benefit students in their future professional careers
Learn More about Chad Berryhill
Learn more about the coach’s tenure and numerous achievements with the Saint Leo tennis program on his bio page.
Learn More about the Saint Leo Tennis Program
Check out the men’s and women’s tennis team pages to learn more about the Saint Leo tennis program and what these teams have recently accomplished on the court.