- Promote a positive academic community
- Assist students in meeting their educational goals
- Assist students in understanding academic planning
- Encourage students to become independent learners
- Impact students success and retention rates
- Uphold the university's standards for academic excellence
- Build relationships between students, staff, and faculty
Programs, Services, and Supports
Tutoring is a "student centered" activity, as such, tutors provide individual and/or group tutoring to students across a broad range of course. Tutors meet with students on a short or long term during the academic year. Learn more about Peer Tutoring here.
Peer-Assisted Learning (PAL) Coaching
PAL Coaches encourage students (their mentees) growth in academic awareness and self-direction by introducing strategies and skills that prepare students for overcoming academic challenges. Learn more about PAL Coaching here.
Supplemental Instruction (SI)
Supplemental Instruction, or SI, is a program that provides students with content specific peer tutor led sessions to support academic learning, retention, and success within historically difficult courses. Learn more about Supplemental Instruction here.
Academic Services and Supports
Current services and supports include Classroom Presentations, Computers & Printers, Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (LASSI), Paper Review, and Placement Exams. Learn more about our Academic Services and Supports here.
The CAVE is located on the 1st Floor of Kirk Hall (University Campus)
Hours of operation are:
Sun | 5pm-10pm
Mon-Thur | 8am-10pm
Fri | 8am-5pm
Follow the Center for Academic Vision & Excellence: