Apply to an Education Center
Congratulations! You've decided to further your career with an undergraduate degree from Saint Leo University's Education Centers. Whether it' your first time in college or you are continuing your education, we've outlined the steps you need to take to get your future started.
To apply for enrollment in one of Saint Leo University's Education Centers:
- Fill out the online application.
- Submit the one-time $45 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submit proof of high school graduation. If you have not attended another regionally accredited college or university, you must submit proof of high school graduation. This can take the form of:
- - An official secondary school transcript
- - An official GED score report
- Submit official academic transcripts. Provide a chronological list of all colleges and universities you have attended, even if you did not complete a full academic term. You must submit a Transcript Release Form for each regionally accredited college or university you attended or in which you were enrolled. Download the Undergraduate Transcript Release Form
- Submit official scores for the following standardized examinations, if applicable: Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES), Excelsior College Exams (ECE), USAFI, Regents Examinations, other applicable examinations.
- Submit professional training documentation for possible academic credit. Provide documentation if you are a graduate of a nursing training program (include license), or a police officer who has completed training with the FBI National Academy, police institute and/or certified polygraph schools. Verification of training/service is obligatory in order to obtain academic credit for your training. All non-traditional sources of credit have specific limits.
Send all these materials directly to Saint Leo University at:
Saint Leo University
1120 E. Kennedy Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33602
Once all of a student's documents have been received, you can expect official notification of our admission decision within 30 business days. If you do not qualify for admission by meeting the usual requirements, but show promise of academic success, Saint Leo University may grant provisional admission.
You will be notified in writing of your admission status—either conditional or full admission—within 4-6 weeks, and be provided with a formal evaluation of transfer credits. In order to obtain transfer credit, coursework will be verified by the Center. Please see the undergraduate catalog for more detail.
Are You Attending College for the First Time?
In addition to the steps above, you must follow these simple application instructions:
Submit the completed application for admission and one of the following by the application deadline:
- A notarized copy of a secondary school diploma
- An official secondary school transcript
- An official GED score report
If you are under the age of 22, you must submit all of the following additional documentation:
- An official ACT/SAT score report (usually found on official high school transcripts)
- A letter of recommendation
- A graded essay or a letter describing the circumstances associated with wanting to attend a Saint Leo Education Center
If you are a under the age of 22, however, we encourage you to consider Saint Leo University’s traditional undergraduate campus near Tampa, Florida.
Are You Entering Saint Leo With at Least 12 College Credit Hours?
In addition to the steps above, you must complete these additional steps:
Transfer applicants must submit all of the following:
- A completed application for admission
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary education institutions attended, showing at least 12 credit hours of post-secondary academic earned credit with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or above from regionally accredited two- or four-year post-secondary institutions
Are You a Military Applicant?
In addition to the steps outlined above, active duty military or reservists must submit a DD-214 and/or an official military training transcript. Veterans eligible for Veterans Administration (VA) educational training benefits must be in a degree-seeking status in order to qualify for VA benefits.
Admission requirements may also be imposed by providers of financial aid or military tuition assistance.
Are You a Non-Degree-Seeking Applicant?
If you wish to take selected courses for credit, but do not want to study for a degree, you must complete an application and indicate that you are not degree-seeking. Non-degree-seeking students are limited to 18 credit hours and are not eligible for financial aid.
If you complete the application form, but fail to submit all supporting documentation prior to the application deadline for a given term, you may be admitted as a non-degree-seeking student pending receipt of all required documentation.