International Students | WorldWide
Saint Leo University supports and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds and experiences that international students bring to the University.
Whether you are planning to enter college in the United States for the first time, looking to transfer credit from previous academic experience, or interested in furthering your education with a graduate degree, Saint Leo University welcomes you to our online programs.
For international students interested in studying at the University main campus, please visit https://www.saintleo.edu/international-students-admissions.
To apply for enrollment in one of Saint Leo's online programs, follow the standard undergraduate or graduate application process, with the following additional steps:
- Pay your application fee with funds drawn from a U.S. bank and made payable in U.S. dollars. The one-time, nonrefundable fee is $45 for undergraduate programs, and $80 for graduate programs.
- Have your non-U.S. credits evaluated by an approved international transcript evaluation agency (a list of recommended agencies can be found below).
- Provide proof of English language proficiency, demonstrated in at least one of the following ways:
- - A minimum score 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- - A minimum score of 450 on the verbal component of the SAT
- - Grades of B or higher in English composition courses where English is the language of instruction
- - For transfer students, two semesters with grades of B or higher in English composition courses at regionally accredited post-secondary institutions in the United States
- - Successful completion of an Association of International Educators-recognized ESL program
After your transcript(s) have been evaluated by one of the credentialed agencies listed below, send official documents with your full undergraduate or graduate admissions package to:
Saint Leo University
1120 E. Kennedy Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33602
Please send all documents directly to the university at firstname.lastname@example.org or at:
33701 State Road 52 #2248
Saint Leo, FL 33574
Once all of a student's documents have been received, you can expect official notification of our admission decision within 30 business days. If you do not qualify for admission by meeting the usual requirements, but show promise of academic success, Saint Leo University may grant conditional admission.
Students who do not meet the minimum English language requirement for the University may be considered for admission to The Bridge Program, an intensive language program designed to help international students improve their English language skills and transition to the regular university curriculum. Students must pass all courses in the program with a C- in order to matriculate into their chosen majors.
Transferring International Credit
Saint Leo University recognizes all international diplomas and credits taken at accredited secondary and post-secondary institutions once all appropriate official documentation and credentials are received and translated (where necessary).
Credit is granted in accordance with the Association of International Educators and the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO).
Students presenting diplomas indicating academic work beyond the high school level will have academic work evaluated by the Registrar. The Registrar will determine the exact number and nature of courses granted once the international evaluation is received.
All international university transcripts must be evaluated by an evaluation agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). These member services can be found here: http://www.naces.org/members.html Course-by-course evaluations are required. Please contact these members directly to determine what official documents will be required for the evaluation.