Why choose our Biology specialization in Biomedical and Health Sciences?
The Biomedical and Health Sciences specialization at Saint Leo University will allow you to focus on the coursework that matters most to you and prepares you most directly for postgraduate study in this highly competitive field.
At Saint Leo University you can count on individual attention from your professors. These professionals in the field of virology, oncology, chiropractic therapy, and biomedical engineering are committed to helping you succeed in the classroom, the laboratory, and beyond.
The Biomedical and Health Sciences Concentration will prepare students for graduate and professional school in the biomedical and health sciences. Students are required to complete 35 concentration credit hours.
What can you do with a degree in Biology with a specialization in Biomedical and Health Sciences?
Saint Leo B.S. Biology students find employment in government, industry, education and other health-related professions, and even pursue graduate study in medicine, dentistry and veterinary science.
- Veterinary Science
- Biomedical Research
- Physical Therapy
Professional Development Opportunities
- Students are encouraged to engage in undergraduate research projects with faculty members. Participation in real-world research fosters deeper understanding of science and hones problem-solving skills in a way that no classroom activity can.
- The Biology faculty members work with students to pursue internships and shadowing opportunities.
- Your time at Saint Leo University culminates with a Senior Capstone Course in which you will design and perform original experimental research.
Where Are Saint Leo Biology Graduates Now?
- Nova Southeastern University
- University of South Florida
- Bayfront Medical Center
- Moffitt Cancer Center
- University of Tennessee
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission