Why choose a Women’s and Gender Studies Minor at Saint Leo?
At only 15 credit hours, this minor can easily fit into most schedules. Students will increase their understanding of how gender impacts public policy, culture, and society. This minor is an excellent complement to any major since it will prepare students for an array of career choices in global politics, sexuality and public health careers, legal advocacy and human services, and education while enhancing critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
This Minor Comprises of the Following Courses
Courses are offered regularly and you can pick from any five of the following classes to complete the minor:
- CRM 367 - International Sex Trafficking of Women and Children
- EDU 222 - Teaching Diverse Populations
- ENG 416 - Women and Literature
- HTY/SSC 335 - Women in American Society
- IDS 412 – Black Women>: Edmonia Lewis
- PSY 335 - Psychology of Gender
- PSY 337 - Human Sexuality
- PSY 341 - Psychology of Parenting
- PSY 343 - Close Relationships
- REL 357 - Women in the Church
- ANT/SOC 333 - The Family in Cross-Cultural Perspective
- SOC 334 - Sex and Gender