The broad field of Biology offers a multitude of paths toward rewarding careers. Two areas of focus under the biological sciences include specializing in ecology and the biomedical and health sciences field. Medical humanities is a relatively new area connected to biology as well. Saint Leo University is proud to offer ecology and biomedical sciences tracks within the bachelor’s in biology program, in addition to a bachelor’s or minor in medical humanities.
In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, we continue our discussion on the BS in biology degree program at Saint Leo University. This time, we focus on the ecology and biomedical sciences tracks, in addition to the bachelor’s in medical humanities degree program and a minor as well. Our guests are Drs. Cheryl Kozina and William Ellis, both of whom are associate professors of biology at Saint Leo University. They talked about:
- Their personal and professional backgrounds
- Their teaching careers and journeys to teaching at Saint Leo University
- A brief history and general overview of the BS in biology degree program at Saint Leo
- Where the biology and medical humanities degree programs are offered
- Types of students these programs are intended for
- An overview of courses and topics covered in the ecology and biomedical sciences tracks, as well as the medical humanities program
- An overview of the faculty who teach in the biology degree program and these specific tracks
- Opportunities outside of the classroom for students to connect with other like-minded majors
- Career opportunities with a bachelor’s in biology degree focusing on ecology and biomedical sciences, in addition to avenues with a bachelor’s in medical humanities
- Pursuing graduate studies with a biology degree and these specific areas of focus
- What sets Saint Leo University and its biology and medical humanities degree programs apart from others
Listen to Episode 47 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast on the Episode 47 podcast page.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes on the Saint Leo 360 podcast page.
Learn More about Saint Leo’s Options for Biology Majors
Learn more about the biology program at Saint Leo University on the biology degree program page.
Find out more about the ecology and biomedical and health sciences tracks, both of which are options for biology majors.
Get the scoop on the bachelor’s in medical humanities program to see if this degree might be another option for you as well.