It’s Never Too Soon to Begin Working with Career Services!
Career Services offers career assistance and resources to all campus, online and education center students, and alumni, through a variety of platforms. Students have convenient access to resources and can attend events in person or remotely. This allows those with demanding work schedules, family responsibilities and even those serving in our military to have access to the events and information.
Career Services provides the resources and assistance to allow both traditional and non-traditional students to work towards their individual career goals. Saint Leo’s core values are intertwined in the resources; where each student can create and follow the career path best suited for them.
We offer workshops, employer events and individual appointments to discuss the following career related topics:
- Career and major exploration
- Employer research
- PT and volunteer opportunities
- Internship preparation
- Resume review
- Professional letter writing
- Interview preparation
- Salary negotiation
- Using social media professionally
- Branding yourself
- Joining professional associations
- Finding certifications
- Grad school prep
- Job search strategies
- And more….
Whether you are a student preparing for a first career, a new career, or advancement in an existing career, you are encouraged to utilize the many resources Career Services has to offer. It’s never too soon to start!
Are you part of a student organization or student group? Would you like Career Services to come host a presentation or workshop with your group? Contact Career Services and we can come host an event specific to your group! We can customize our presentations to help cover your specific academic area, to help you prepare for a conference, discuss how to include your organization involvement on your resume, and more! To request a presentation with Career Services from a student group or organization, please complete the following steps:
- Create a calendar invitation through your Outlook calendar
- For the subject, please use “Event Name Career Services Presentation”
- Invite Career Services (email@example.com)
- In the body of the invitation, please include the following:
- Date and Time:
- Expected number of students*:
- Desired topic(s):
- Time allotted:
- * Please note, due to high demand of programs, we do require an attendance of at least 10 students
- Please submit all request at least 2 weeks prior to event date for best chance of availability
- Once a staff member has been assigned, Career Services will accept the meeting invitation. A meeting request does not guarantee a presentation.
- Questions? Email Career Services!
We encourage students to immediately claim their Handshake account through their Okta portal here.
Handshake is a combination of some of the best tools on the web today, taken from services like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. It's designed to help you precisely target career information, internship and employment opportunities as well as career events and resources related to your specific major, degree type and interests.
Handshake provides an online one-stop resource for all Saint Leo students and alumni, including a place for employers to register with us:
- Online database of jobs and internships around the country
- Combined calendar of career events, both on campus and virtual
- Appointment setting tools to schedule an individual session with a career advisor- in-person, via phone, or video chat
- DIY career related resources for review at your convenience
- Currently enrolled or newly enrolled Saint Leo University students will have a Handshake account automatically created for them.
- To claim your Handshake account for the first time, simply log in through Saint Leo's Okta Single Sign-on page (saintleo.edu) using your Saint Leo credentials and then click the Handshake tile listed under the “Students” tab. There is no need for you to create a new password for Handshake.
- Please DO NOTsign up for a new Handshake student account. The Single Sign-On option through Okta is the only authorized login method for current students.
Note: Prospective students are not eligible for a Handshake account until they have enrolled. For more information about what services, programs, and resources Career Services has available, email us at CareerServices@saintleo.edu or give us a call at (352) 588-8346.
International Job Search Powertool
Saint Leo University is pleased to announce Career Services also offers Interstride – the international career portal for students!
- Interstride is an interactive career platform designed to enhance the career exploration and job-search experience for international students./li>
- The web and mobile based applications provide students a one-stop shop for all career related resources from strengthening your professional profile, navigating the visa process, searching for jobs, or building professional networks.
- Although this resource is primarily for international students, it also provides a variety of other career tools that can be utilized by all students. Domestic students interested in employment overseas will also love this tool!
Sign-up to the platform today to take charge of your career and make your international job search process more efficient and engaging. ***Access the platform through your OKTA portal and look for the Interstride tile in your student tab here.
Career Services hosts signature events that take place throughout the year. These events include Employer Spotlights, Leaders in the Industry webinars, in-person and virtual Career Fairs, Boot Camp, Leo Great workshops, and more! Log into your Handshake account and click the events tab for upcoming events and fairs.
Did you know? Most events that Career Services hosts have a virtual component to them, so all of our Saint Leo students can connect and engage with us! Many of these events are live streamed via Zoom and/or recorded and posted to the Handshake Resource Library following the event. Check out the event description on Handshake to see if there is a Zoom link to join in virtually. Whether you are a student on our WorldWide or Education Center campuses, or you have a conflict with the event time, we work hard to make sure you still can participate!
Contact Career Services by calling (352) 588-8346 or email CareerServices@saintleo.edu. You can also visit us during regular business hours in our Student Activities Building location in Suite 203.
We look forward to assisting you!