Theatre professionals immerse themselves in creativity to deliver shows that bring stories to life, activating visual scenarios that would otherwise be left to our imagination. However, earning a theatre degree can certainly open the door to far more career tracks than taking the stage to reenact one of Shakespeare's masterpieces.
In this episode of the Saint Leo 360 podcast, we explore the Bachelor of Arts in theatre degree program offered at Saint Leo University. We visit with Dr. Alicia Corts, an associate professor of theatre and director of the theatre program in Saint Leo's College of Arts and Sciences who has quite a unique professional background. Corts discussed:
- Her education and professional background
- How she got into teaching theatre and her journey to Saint Leo University
- Where the BA in theatre degree program is offered
- Types of students this undergraduate program is intended for
- An Overview of the courses and topics covered in the curriculum
- An overview of the faculty who teach in the theatre degree program
- Career opportunities with a theatre degree
- Opportunities to pursue graduate studies with this bachelor's degree
- Early alumni success stories from this young program
- What sets this theatre degree program apart from others
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the performing arts and how it has actually opened up more opportunities for students considering this field in some cases
Listen to Episode 44 of the Saint Leo 360 podcast with Dr. Alicia Corts on the BA in theatre degree program at Saint Leo University on the Episode 44 podcast page.
You can also listen and subscribe to the Saint Leo 360 podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pandora, and Stitcher. Plus, you can find all of the Saint Leo 360 podcast episodes on the Saint Leo 360 podcast page.
Learn More about the Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Degree Program
Learn more about the bachelor's in theatre program at Saint Leo University on the theatre degree program page.