For students serious about maximizing their undergraduate experience, Saint Leo's Honors Program offers an unparalleled intellectual journey. The program advocates depth rather than breadth, immersion rather than exposure, and active rather than passive learning.
In 1982, Saint Leo University admitted our first Honors students, and in 1986, the first Honors class graduated from the program. With our traditional "Great Thinkers, Great Books" focus, the program has grown to 150 students in the past three decades.
Is Honors Right for Me?
Saint Leo's Honors Program is a tight-knit community, bound together by a commitment to academic achievement, intellectual growth and change.
The program is for the curious, open-minded individual—as part of Honors, students from a wide range of majors, backgrounds and perspectives meet on common ground, frequently debating controversial subjects and exploring personal concerns and interests.
Learn how to join the Honors Program »
Listen to a recent information session featuring faculty and current students!
Your Springboard to Future Success
The program's students are among the most gifted and involved on campus, leading both within the classroom and a variety of clubs, organizations and activities. Program alumni continue onto top-tier graduate and professional schools—Harvard Law, to name just one—and jobs with prestigious companies across the country and world, from publishing houses to the U.S. House of Representatives.
Honors Program offers the following opportunities to help you get ahead:
- Highly collaborative classes that incorporate information technology, advance self-knowledge, and deepen critical thinking
- Close interaction with faculty, including research beginning as early as your freshman year through our well-established apprenticeship program
- Supportive environment that fosters a community of friendship, scholarship and service
- Special events ranging from museum visits to a chocolate tasting to a midnight Edgar Allan Poe reading
- Networking opportunities at state, regional and national honors meetings
- Funding to conduct research and present your work in professional settings
- Participation, if you choose, in the National Collegiate Honors Council's honors semester in the U.S. or abroad
- Honors designation on your transcript, and Honors Medallion to wear proudly throughout your graduation ceremonies
3+1 Accelerated Degree Programs
Students who are eligible for the Saint Leo University Honors Program are also eligible for admission to our new 3+1 Accelerated Degree Programs.
Available programs include:
Click here for more information about these exciting new programs,
3+3 Accelerated Law Program
The 3+3 accelerated law program is an intense yet rewarding and high-value opportunity for qualified and highly motivated students to earn two degrees in just six years - a bachelor's degree, followed by a Juris Doctor degree.
Available programs include: