Why enroll in our online Master's in Human Services Administration program?
Our online Master's in Human Services Administration degree program prepares graduates with the knowledge, values and skills they need to administer a human services agency or organization. Students will examine methods of leadership, management, board development, program planning, community needs assessment, program evaluation, and grantsmanship. You will learn:
- Steps for developing a nonprofit organization, including applying for 501(c)(3) status, drafting agency bylaws, implementing a mission statement, and organizing a board of trustees
- Business principles for creating for-profit companies and social entrepreneurship
- Budgeting, fundraising, borrowing and grantsmanship strategies
- How to conduct a community needs assessment, then create new services to fill gaps or improve upon existing services
- How to market human services programs and recruit a volunteer workforce if needed
Graduates will be prepared to create their own community service organization or take on administrative and program development roles within existing agencies that address healthcare, child welfare, aging, mental health, counseling, and other social issues.
The online Master's in Human Services Administration program is offered online and at the following Saint Leo University education centers:
- Florida: Ocala
- Georgia: Savannah