Why Earn Your Human Services Administration Degree at Saint Leo University?
Our online Master of Science in human services administration degree program prepares graduates with the knowledge, values, and skills they need to administer or start their own human services agency or organization. Students will examine methods of leadership, management, board development, fundraising, ethical issues, community needs assessment, program evaluation, marketing, advocacy, managing volunteers, grantsmanship, and creating a new human services organization. You will learn these executive-level skills:
- Steps for developing a nonprofit organization, including applying for 501(c)(3) status, drafting agency bylaws, crafting and implementing a mission statement, and organizing a board of directors;
- Business principles for creating for-profit organizations and social entrepreneurship ventures;
- Budgeting, fundraising, marketing, and grantsmanship strategies;
- Steps to conduct a community needs assessment, followed by the steps needed to create new services or improve upon existing services to fill gaps;
- Strategies to market human services programs, recruit a volunteer workforce, and manage staff
The education graduates attain prepares them to create their own community service organization, or to take on administrative and program development roles within existing agencies, and can be applied at agencies that address a wide range of needs and social issues, described in more detail below.
Master of Science (MS) in human services administration degree gives you the tools needed to advance your human services career. It prepares you to succeed while also instilling the values and skills necessary to administer or start your own successful human services agency or organization.
This program is currently not accepting applications.